Streaming finals again???

AJ

Is there a schedule posted anywhere (that correlates with the streaming finals) or any brackets?  I have a little brother that's a Junior with a good shot of making the finals and would like to watch him.  It's been a few years since I was frequenting ISWA tournaments and must say I'm pleased with the way the ISWA has embraced technology. 

The schedule for the finals on Mat 1 is determined by the 3rd, 5th  and 7th place matches in the same weight class.   Here is the explanation using some hypotheticals:

Assume we are talking about Intermediate 100 ... on the bracket sheet the semi-finals are match numbers 4055 and 4056 (mat 4, bout 55-56) ... the championship match is given bout number 4072, and after a few wrestle-backs the 3rd,5th,and 7th places are set at match numbers 4073,4074 and 4075.  

Bout 4072 (championship) is electronically re-routed to Mat 1 (by Jean Whetstone - the wizardess of oz in the back room - head pairer in indiana) and comes off the laptop on Mat 4.

Patt Van Horn (tournament director) watches the flow on Mat 4 (and all the others) and she waits until 4073, 4074 and 4075 are wrestled ... then 4072, the championship match is set to "on-deck" on Mat 1.    

Result:

1: all contestants in your bracket can watch your final live,

2: after it's over the bracket is complete,

3: the good ISWA folks running the awards area can see it on the system and print the winners bracket  

4: and the group is ready for the podium.  

so the short answer is:  if you want to know about when the championship match for your bracket is about to be wrestled and streamed on Mat 1 ... keep an eye on the bout numbers on your original mat and bracket.

hope this helps for Greco this weekend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.