Petrov vs campbell

KyleM

Well, I am Brenden's dad and I can say we are extremely proud of him and Paul.  Both boys left everything on the mat.  Brenden lost 2 state tournaments in great battles to 2 great wrestlers.  Paul deserves to be the champion and will hold the title with great admiration.Brenden's career has had its ups and downs from appendix to to finals losses but those are the things that keep him motivated.  He's always has a great outlook and this was no different.  Brenden's exact words were ,"Everything happens for a reason in God's world and today he was better than I."  Brenden wants to thank everyone that supported him the last 4 years and assures you as he moves to the next level there will be more disappointments but even better accomplishments.  Congrats to the Petrov family and to Paul for their fine job of raising their children. and congrats to Brenden for being a wonderful son, you have given your mother and I more  good memories than we could ask for, God willing many more to come.

Well, I am Brenden's dad and I can say we are extremely proud of him and Paul.  Both boys left everything on the mat.  Brenden lost 2 state tournaments in great battles to 2 great wrestlers.  Paul deserves to be the champion and will hold the title with great admiration.Brenden's career has had its ups and downs from appendix to to finals losses but those are the things that keep him motivated.  He's always has a great outlook and this was no different.  Brenden's exact words were ,"Everything happens for a reason in God's world and today he was better than I."  Brenden wants to thank everyone that supported him the last 4 years and assures you as he moves to the next level there will be more disappointments but even better accomplishments.  Congrats to the Petrov family and to Paul for their fine job of raising their children. and congrats to Brenden for being a wonderful son, you have given your mother and I more   good memories than we could ask for, God willing many more to come.

I've been going to the state finals for a few years now and your son's finals matches these last two years provided the most entertainment that I've ever seen.  When my youngest and I were driving home from Indy, those matches were the ones we discussed the most.  Good luck to Brenden in the future.  Tell him to take it easy on those cadets/midshipmen (?) when they start rough housing next semester.  I'm sure he'll administer a few bloody noses and choke outs.  LOL.

Soup,

Your spot on.  Match of the night.  Two kids putting on an electric match, and a lot of emotion from the entire arena. The boos were unwarranted.  I'll agree, I thought BC was knocked a little silly, he didn't seem like himself. But like you said, no excuses, it all happens for a reason no matter what the events that transpired before it.  Thanks to you and your family's hospitality to me and my daughter, she had a blast, and went on and on about going to matches and camps this summer (now to convince mama) .  It was great to finally meet you all and BC.  What a great kid, who I look forward to following throughout college.  

Special shout out to the Ragle family! Great to see you all as well after so many years (wow, it's been 8 years since I've seen a NC match....)

Regards,

Joshua M. Richey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.