Connor Robinson

thescrambler

Of course he has a shot! He's a dangerous wrestler.. I coached Brian and Connor their 8th grade year at Doe Creek.

Since Connor and Brian were teammates at Doe Creek Middle School (both still live in New Pal). It got me thinking..... Have former middle school teammates ever wrestled each other for a state title?

I know it has to be rare, as most middle school teammates end up on the same high school team.

I feel this young man owes a lot to coach red.  If it weren't for coach's act after every match, I am not sure he would be ready for the following match.  The Kirk Gibson fist pumps and celebratory clapping is almost an unfair advantage.  I even saw coach red Neal and Tebow.  Unfair!!!!!!

Conner wasn't even supposed to beat Niebarger(sp) last Saturday morning @ semi-state. What happened is exactly what happens when a kid believes in himself and doesn't believe any of the hype! For me, getting to watch 2 kids I have watched sort of grow up the last 4 years wrestle for a title (Harvey is from New Pal) was priceless!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.