NEVER have ticket round wrestlebacks!!!

wildcatcountry97

Wrestling is so unpredictable ~ at any time, ANYTHING can happen.  It's glorious and jubliant, overwhelming, and devestating all at the same time.  I spent a LONG day at Evansville's Semi-State yesterday and it was exciting and heartbreaking.  To watch so many great wrestlers go down in the ticket round - several Seniors - was simply horrible. I'm torn on wrestlebacks.  On one hand, it would give kids like Seng, Kennedy, Rueger, Hoehn - all VERY CLOSE ticket round matches - a chance to earn a spot at State that is truly deserved, on the other hand it takes away from the win the other wrestler claimed that day, and that's just the way with wrestling - on an given day, someone who isn't necessarily better than you can wrestle better than you - and we cannot forget about the refs - what refs you "draw" can be just as important as the wrestler you draw. Wrestlebacks become an especially important discussion though because all semi-states are not equal. We talk about "fairness", but when one or two semi-states are completely loaded, I wouldn't say it's not fair, but it's not equal to be sure. Wrestlebacks would make me feel better - they'd ease that heartbreak that comes from watching a kid I completely love  go down, because I know he'd be getting another shot at earning that spot...but...then again...they also cause heartbreak for a kid who thought he'd punched his ticket (often by winning a very tight match). Once you get to State, however, I think there should be wrestlebacks - those Friday night matches are killers and the draws can be so crazily unpredictable, especially when drawing from a very stacked Semi-State - you could be a champ and draw someone who could have easily been a champ had they been in your semi-state.  All that being said, some of those ticket round matches at semi-state and those Friday night matches at State are the stuff legends are made of...

Whoever is advocating for WB's is maybe a Rueger fan. Life and Semi-states are not always fair, but they are always a competition. You Win some, you Lose some. Either way it will prepare you for when you have a real challenge in Life!

Nicely wrote.  Thank you!

Wrestling is so unpredictable ~ at any time, ANYTHING can happen.  It's glorious and jubliant, overwhelming, and devestating all at the same time.  I spent a LONG day at Evansville's Semi-State yesterday and it was exciting and heartbreaking.  To watch so many great wrestlers go down in the ticket round - several Seniors - was simply horrible. I'm torn on wrestlebacks.  On one hand, it would give kids like Seng, Kennedy, Rueger, Hoehn - all VERY CLOSE ticket round matches - a chance to earn a spot at State that is truly deserved, on the other hand it takes away from the win the other wrestler claimed that day, and a that's just the way with wrestling - on an given day, someone who isn't necessarily better than you can wrestle better than you - and we cannot forget about the refs - what refs you "draw" can be just as important as the wrestler you draw. Wrestlebacks become an especially important discussion though because all semi-states are not equal. We talk about "fairness", but when one or two semi-states are completely loaded, I wouldn't say it's not fair, but it's not equal to be sure. Wrestlebacks would make me feel better - they'd ease that heartbreak that comes from watching a kid I completely love  go down, because I know he'd be getting another shot at earning that spot...but...then again...they also cause heartbreak for a kid who thought he'd punched his ticket (often by winning a very tight match). Once you get to State, however, I think there should be wrestlebacks - those Friday night matches are killers and the draws can be so crazily unpredictable, especially when drawing from a very stacked Semi-State - you could be a champ and draw someone who could have easily been a champ had they been in your semi-state.  All that being said, some of those ticket round matches at semi-state and those Friday night matches at State are the stuff legends are made of...

Wrestle backs would not take away from any win it would just make the 3rd and 4th place matches more exciting because that's when you get down to who really deserves to go you can't wrestle back and win I agree with that that would be crap. But if you deserve to be there and you run into the returning state champ that's "not fair" especially for seniors but then again if they set their selves up at sectionals and regionals thenthat usually won't happen so it goes both ways really.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.