Perry vs Franklin match

carrer121

Whats everyone's thoughts on that match last night. What is the lowest points perry has scored on anyone this year. Still don't think they are touchable.. But as far as match score by match score that had to be one of if not the closest all year??

You are correct that is the lowest Perry has scored all year the next closest being 39-18 vs Cathedral.  Wish I could have been there it appears every match was hard fought

And every point earned.

Great match! Thought Franklin wrestled PM better than they wrestled Bloomington So in the match before. Match was even closer than score showed as others have said. Of the 12 weight classes that wrestled, 7 were 1 or 2 pt decisions (including OT win by Smith over Cottey @106). 4 addtional weight classes were no bonus decisions (including Stevenson over Bova @138 & James over Reese @113). One major decision for PM. No falls or tech falls either way. Very exciting to watch! Did not like that many of the close matches came down to inconsistent calling/no calling of stalls & out-of-bounds by the officials, often in OT. This happened both ways and in both rounds so guess they were consistent in that regard ::). Lots of "2 ref"  discussions after what seemed like every other call---some resulting in overturns that essentially decided the match. Hate to see outcomes determined by questionable calls when both wrestlers have wrestled so hard...I know, I know...."welcome to h.s.wrestling". Congratulations to both teams!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.