IHSWCA - UNITE - Newsletter of the IHSWCA - Issue #1

dstruck

http://indianamat.com/stuff/UniteDecember.pdf

INDIANA HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING COACHES ASSOCIATION

KICKOFF ISSUE OF OUR NEW PUBLICATION - UNITE!!!!

IHSWCA officers, reps, members, college coaches, and wrestling fans:

Please find attached our first IHSWCA e-magazine.  Coach Riesen, his wife and many others worked very hard at putting this together.  Please feel free to share this publication with your AD and really anyone else who you think would enjoy/benefit from reading it. Thanks again Sam for all of your work on this project.

IN THIS ISSUE

Presidents Corner

Make YOUR voice heard

IHSWCA 2012-2013 Classed Team State Duals Tournament

Need Calumet Regional Rep

IHSWCA Middle School State Announcement

Holiday tourney Previews

Q and A with Darrick Snyder

In the wrestling room with Madison High School

Hall of Fame Inductees

Wrestling Team Rankings

Wrestler Jake Sinkovics Triumphs through adversity

High School Wrestling: In-Season Training

Milestones in Coaching

Coaching Forms

Dear Coaches Association,

I have to admit over the past year and a half I have doubted you to make the tough decisions.  I thought you were week.  I thought you were moving backwards.  Then this past month you made claims.  You said were going to have team state.  You said were going to have a news letter.  I had my reservations till I read through the magizine.  Absolutly rediculous job.  Great photos, intertaining articals, a good look into upcoming tournamets, and actully a lot more.  I mean the content was not perfect, but in a couple weeks time you have produced the best a most incitful high school sports magizine in the state.  Hats off to the assocition.  Everyone should be reading this.  If the state tounrament is ran half as well as this magizine is set up Indiana's wrestling future is on the right track. 

Terry Tipton

Just for the record that is not a newsletter that is a magizine.  A professionally done one to boot.  I absolutly love the design on the cover and the coaches corner page.  Who did you hire to do the magizine?  This is something I will read everytime it comes out.  Is it always going to be posted on the site?  When I read through the magizine one phrase comes to mind... "game changer".  This totally changed my perception of what the coaches association can do.  Congrats Coach McCormick and Danny for finally changing the status quo of the coaches association.

1. There were a number of people who contributed to the content of the first issue of the magazine.  I want to thank all of those individuals for their efforts.  With that being said, Coach Riesen (Churubusco HS), and his wife, spearheaded collecting, designing and producing the actual product.  In my opinion they did an awesome job, and I want to thank them for all of their efforts.

2. The plan is to produce 6 of these e-magazines a year.  (Nov-Dec-Jan-Feb-Mar-April)  The reason for extending out to April is due to the fact that the IHSWCA will have its spring clinic, and we also have the scholastic duals, IN/IL Senior Duals, etc.  Although the March and April issues may not be as extravagent, we would like to still report on those activities in the spring.

3.  To automatically receive an issue as soon as it is complete, simply join the IHSWCA, so you will be in the membership database.  A membership costs $25/year.  The membership form is included in this issue of UNITE.

4.  If you would like to contribute information of some type to be included in the magazine, contact Coach Riesen.  His e-mail address can be found on page 2 of the UNITE publication.

Thank you,

Coach McCormick

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.