Those of you hosting a clinic or camp. Please consider this...

grecoref

2012 is an Olympic year and we have several Indiana guys in the hunt to make the team.  Training and travel can be very expensive....it's tough to hold a job and train to be the best in the world.

So, if you are hosting a camp or clinic why not give first priority to "our guys" rather than bring a "big name" in who isn't family.

In no order think of the following guys....Angel Escobedo, Bryce Hasseman, Reece Humphrey, Andrew Howe, Alex Dolly...I hope I didn't miss anyone.

If you are going to pay to bring someone in for a camp or clinic give our guys a shot rather than their competition.

Tom Clark

CIA will have Alex Dolly in the room to run a camp on October 8-9.  We are excited about having Alex in the room, this will be a great tune up for kids competing at Super 32 or Preseason Nationals and gearing up for the high school season.

More details to follow!

Good call, TC. 

Were you at the Worlds?  What do you think Howe has to do to slow down the Burroughs train?  His quickness and long arms seem to make that low single to a lift to a push-out almost unstoppable with freestyle parameters.

I attended the Jr Worlds this year isntead of the Sr Worlds. Zach Errett represented us very well at the Sr Worlds.

As a referee giving my opinion on what one wrestler has to do to beat another wrestler from our country would be a conflict of interest....want to beat the Russian? Iranian? Georgian? I will help, no problem.

I attended the Jr Worlds this year isntead of the Sr Worlds. Zach Errett represented us very well at the Sr Worlds.

As a referee giving my opinion on what one wrestler has to do to beat another wrestler from our country would be a conflict of interest....want to beat the Russian? Iranian? Georgian? I will help, no problem.

Ok, I'll bite on that.  Kudukhov of Russia looks unbelievable at 60kg.  Have you seen anyone run anything with success against him in the last couple years?  I really wish Reece could have wrestled the match he wanted to wrestle against the Frenchman and gotten a shot at him--but it's tough to see any openings for offense at all on him.  He's so strong and balanced and smooth with everything he runs or defends.

Technique, tactics and strategy enable the Russians to win. They have adapted to the new rules and use them to win. They also have a system-which we don't. They also will put the guy in the line up who they feel has the best chance to be the world champion...not the guy who happened to win the weight class on the day of their trials.

To beat the Russians you must use their mindset. Score first, force your opponet into "must score" situations, which forces them into bad position, which enables you to score again. Rarely do you see a Russian make a tactical error. They stay with their plan. They might be beaten by the better wrestler or athlete, yet many times they come out on top of the athlete who is far superior to them.

I will refer back to the 2007 World Championships....the Russian Freestyle team lost one match...6 golds and 1 bronze.  That is the most impressive performance I have ever seen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.