The Open Mat HS National Rankings 3/9/2011

Coach Duncan

Here's a better link: http://news.theopenmat.com/2011/03/clinch-gear-national-individual-high-school-wrestling-rankings-%E2%80%93-03-09-2011/

There are 8

#13 - Nathan Boston

#18 - Mason Todd

#6 - Ethan Raley

#2 - Jason Tsirtsis

#6 - Eric Roach

#8 - Drake Stein

#7 - Aaron Stevenson

#8 - Mitch Sliga

you are correct.......please fill me in.....

This is a quote from a newspaper story written on June 14th, 2010. Notice that it talks about his first year of 7th grade. Now this school year is his 2nd year in 7th grade.

"Hall started his seventh grade year at Davison Middle School where he played football but in the winter his family moved to Kentucky, where he wrestled for Ryel High School in Union, Ky.

In Kentucky, seventh and eighth graders are allowed to compete on varsity teams. Hall finished the year with a 42-3 record and was runner-up at the one class Kentucky state tournament at 119 pounds.

?Mark is really good, and it would not have helped his career if he wrestled junior high in Michigan,? said his father, Mark Hall.

?We decided to move to Kentucky in the winter, so he could wrestle high school. It was really good for him, and it gave him some great competition.?

Hall started wrestling at age four.

He originally began wrestling in Goodrich before moving to Davison. Hall was coached early in his career by former Davison standouts Jon Reeder and Chase Metcalf.

?If there was one wrestler who I really looked up to and admired it was Chase Metcalf,? Hall said. ?He used to coach me in first through third grades and I learned a lot from him.?

Hall?s time training under Metcalf not only improved his skills, but helped instill a burning desire to be the best he can be in wrestling.

While Hall has accomplished plenty in his young career, he has major goals for the future.

?I want to be a five-time state champion,? Hall said.  ?I want to win it in Kentucky this year and then in Michigan four times. I want to go to a Big Ten school and then win the NCAA?s.?

This spring, Hall was back at Davison where he competed on the track team, and this fall he will be back playing football for Davison before heading back to Kentucky during the winter to wrestle at the high school level. "

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.