Cody Phillips

wrist and wing

my question is has anyone ever defeated 3 ss champs on their way to winning a state title?

I would guess that most people who didn't win their own semi-state would have strong chance of facing 3 semi-state champions  in order to win state.

A better questions would be how many wrestler facing 3 former state finalist or 3 state champions on their way to a win state.  That may be a very smaller list.

Seems like Que and Brooks don't get much respect in this weight class.  is there a reason why?

I don't know anything about the Que boy, but from looking at some of his wins on the rankings list, I don't think that he is going to be in Cody's league. I know the rankings don't mean anything, but the do help out a little. As for Brooks, I think Brooks is a great wrestler, but I think Cody is to dominate on his feet for him, but then again I thought the same thing against Todd and look what happend....

I would guess that most people who didn't win their own semi-state would have strong chance of facing 3 semi-state champions  in order to win state.

A better questions would be how many wrestler facing 3 former state finalist or 3 state champions on their way to a win state.  That may be a very smaller list.

Most recently:

Francisco Porras, last year, beat 3 #1's - P.J.Montgomery in quarters (Eville SS), Kirk Johnson in semis(NC SS) and Justin Beck (FW-SS) in finals...

and the year before Camden Eppert beat 3 #1's - Jared Brooks in quarters (mville-SS); Casey Kenny in semi's (FW-SS) and Brandon Wright in finals (NC-SS)

Kenny was the one I could not come up with last night...

But this certainly demonstrates what a tough road it makes to have to go through 3 #1 seeds...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.