Hawkeye: Iowa's Men of The Mat

devildog47959

After watching this I was curious to see what happened with these 2 wrestlers

141 Mike Zadick:

Zadick went on to win a Silver medal  at the 2006 FILA Wrestling World Championships, he also won a Silver medal in the 2007 Pan American Games. He is currently in his 7th season as an Asst. Coach at Iowa under  Head Coach Tom Brands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Zadick

HWT Steve Mocco ''BEAR'':

Mocco went on to win the 2003 NCAA title his sophomore season at Iowa, then he decided to take a redshirt  yr to try out for the Olympic team. I was shocked to find out that entering his Junior yr Mocco decided to transfer to Oklahoma State  1 of Iowa's biggest rivals & 1 of the top 2 wrestling programs in the nation of all time.  That season Mocco won the 2005 NCAA Hwt Title.His senior season at Oklahoma State Mocco finished runner up at the 2006 NCAA's.

Mocco went on to represent Team USA in the 2008 Olympics, making it to the quaterfinals before losing 2 straight and out of contention for the bronze medal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Mocco

Our Coach has it on a tape and we would watch it (and the team still does i believe) the friday night before our first tournament. Ive watched it a few times in college too

Do you know if your coach recorded it or bought a copy? I have been trying to find this on DVD forever looked everywhere ESPN, Ebay, Amazon, No Luck!

Do you know if your coach recorded it or bought a copy? I have been trying to find this on DVD forever looked everywhere ESPN, Ebay, Amazon, No Luck!

unfortunately it was a recording he did at his house. ive been looking for a copy too

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.