Christmas Duals

nosoccermomhere

We had a great time this weekend and both teams did great! 

Middle School line up...

75# - Chad Red 5-0

80# - Sage Coy 3-2

85# - Drew Hughes 3-2

90# - Ryan Ford 3-2

95# - Jake Tucker 2-3

100#- Tommy Cash 5-0

105#- Brandon James 5-0

110#- Blake Rypel 5-0

115#- Jose Champagne 4-1

120#-Joey Mammolenti  4-1

125#- Tommy Forte 5-0

130#- Evan Smiley 4-1

135#- Ben Stewart 4-1

140#- Isaiah Kemper 5-0

145#- Conner James 5-0

155#- Gabe Estes 4-0

160#- Noah Grable 3-2

HWT- Sam Steward 2-3

Round 1 Michigan Addix 63-18

Round 2 Michigan Rampage 75-15

Round 3 Illinois Tinley Park 75-15

Round 4 Fox Fire 84-7

Round 5 Michigan Flat River 64-18

Round 6 Team Shamrock - 108-0 ( they forfeited to us - because of weather  ;) )

Thank you Tami Rypel for keeping states for every round and every wrestler, you are awesome!

We finished 1st with no one coming with in 50 points of us.

Way to go boys.... I actually had a dad from another team come up to me and say, " I thought Indiana was a basketball state, what happened?  You guys have a great team".  Most of these kids on this team have been wrestling together for this event for 3-4 years now and it was nice to see them finish up as 8th graders together and to finish so strong.

The elementary team line up...

40# - Tyson Lane

45# - Jace Alexander

50# - Hayden Watson

55# - Camden Chatterton

60# - Trey Lane

65# - Justice Cash

70# - Tyce Freiji

75# - Alec White

80# - open

85# - Carson Brewer

90# - Ethan Smiley

95# - Jake Ruberg

100# Jason Crary

106# Justin Akers

112# Mason Parris

119# Brody Hardcastle

125# Drew Williamson

135# Marc Roland

150# Bryce Biddle

HWT Gunnar Larson

These boys did a great job.  I don't have stats on the elementary team.  We had several wrestlers go undefeated or only loose one match.

The team finished 3rd.

We lost a close one to Michigan MYWA first round and then beat Illinois Tinley Park and Ohio Gold Crew then lost to Ohio Blue Crew, who finished 1st, and that put us going for 3rd and 4th again Michigan MYWA again. It was a barn burner. we were down by 4 points going into the heavy height match. Heavey Weight, Gunnar Larson, did his thing and got the team the 6 points they needed for the win.  They all wrestled together as a team and did a fantastic job!  I am sure we will see great things from these young wrestlers in the years to come.

I would like to thank the coaches and table works for stepping up and working hard for the team.  And a special thanks to all the parents who put in the time and effort to get raise such fine young men.  They all represented the state well and with great sportsmanship.

This might have been the most dominating performance I've ever seen by a duel team at the national level. This MS team was an absolute WRECKING BALL!! It was a pleasure to watch them.

The Elementary team made a nice come back against Michigan in the third and fourth place duel, after losing to them in the pool round. Some of these kids will make nice additions to the Middle School team next year. 

Great job by all the Wrestlers and Coaches.

Thanks again to Brandi Cash for putting everything together.

The Crary Family

What a fun time this was!!!  Winning help, but the best of it was seeing some outstanding wrestling by these boys, and an attitude that was unmatched.  All of these boys have my respect!!!  Thanks for representing Indiana in talent and sportsmanship.  Each and everyone of them wrestled hard and it showed.  Its been a real pleasure to attend this event for so many years and see a group of boys grow, advance in skill, and become respectful young men.  Wow!!

I know Conner James so much enjoys being invited and participating with the team.  He wanted to thank each and every teammate for supporting him and being "GREAT" as he put it.  He loves the sport and hopes to see the boys again. 

If anyone has videos or pictures of Conner, I'd love to get copies.  I try to film, but the excitement sometimes lends to watching the best part of an empty mat.  I missed a couple nice throws.  If anyone has anything, please let me know.

Coaches, GREAT Job.  I saw all the kids supporting each other, being positive, and NO bad attitudes at all.  Disputes with the officials were handled respectfully and that is really appreciated at least by me, and I'm sure all.  The kids were coached well and encouraged to wrestle tough, but respectfully and with dignity.  WOW, how better to represent our group.  Thanks.

Brandi, enough can not be said.  You really put a lot of time into this and it shows.  I am sure the amount of time is not even imaginable.  It show you have done your homework and,,, wow what a great team you have assembled.  I know there are a couple kids you worked hard to get.  I am sure they are now happy you were persistent.  Thanks.  Thanks for everything.  And another special thanks from me and Conner James.

Thank you very much to the coaches for volunteering their time with these boys this weekend. Thank you also to Brandi for all of her time and effort putting this whole thing together.  Great job to the middle school wrestlers this weekend.  I was working at a table so I did not get to watch much of the elementary team but I heard they all wrestled really well also.  Way to make IN proud!

I have been fortunate enough to coach a lot of these kids over the years at different national events...Tennessee, etc. and I can't tell you how much I enjoy working with these studs! They are all so focused, determined, and just plain GOOD! I realized this past Sunday that they are "growing up"...and I am "getting old". LOL...

A special thanks to Brandi/Tom Cash and Tami Rypel. What a great day!

I have known Chad Red for years but never had the opportunity to coach beside him. He is energetic, knowledgeable, and motivating! I had a great time coaching with you, Chad. Your son, C.J., is a machine!

--Coach Shane Tucker, Lowell Wrestling

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.