ISHAA Rules regarding weight

SlickRodz

Please educate me....

If a wrestler certifies at a weight class, say 189, makes the weight and passes the body fat and all. But decides for whatever reason (team or individual) that he will wrestle at 215, and weighs in for a match at 199.0 (10 lbs over his certified weight). Does he have to follow the state weight loss rules and take 4 weeks to get back to 189 or since he certifies at 189 can he wrestle there as soon as he wants?

Thanks....

Please educate me....

If a wrestler certifies at a weight class, say 189, makes the weight and passes the body fat and all. But decides for whatever reason (team or individual) that he will wrestle at 215, and weighs in for a match at 199.0 (10 lbs over his certified weight). Does he have to follow the state weight loss rules and take 4 weeks to get back to 189 or since he certifies at 189 can he wrestle there as soon as he wants?

Thanks....

He still has to lose 1.5% of his body weight per week.  The rule does not change because he bumped up and weighed in 10 lbs over.

Thanks....There was an issue this weekend where a wrestler (ranked at 189) went 215 and weighed-in at 199.0. He said he and his coach decided he would do this then drop to 189 at some point. That is fine, I just do not understand why he weighed-in at 199. Takes away some options. I do not think he did this because of weight. Like I said he certified at 189 in the last couple of weeks.

If a wrestler jumps up a class at the upper weights he is going to eat, and more likely than not, he will eat a lot becuase he can without being over weight , after that he can take a good health dump and lose the 1.5%

give the kids a brake, its a tough sport. and everyone wants to stick there nose in the middle everything. so let the coach and the ref do there job, sit in the stands and be a proud parent,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.