Breakdown of Strikeforce in St. Louis

navy80

I went to the Strikeforce card in st. Louis a month ago and here are my thoughts, it was my first MMA card live.

I arrived at weigh-ins which were in the hallway of the Scotttrade center.  Their was only approx 100 fans their to watch weigh inns which suprised me. Im only 5'6 so I could only see the fighter on my tippy toes.  The minute weigh inns were over about 80 people left.  And their were alot of fighter still their.  I took pics of everyone. Got to talk to King Mo, we talked wrestling, hes a real cool guy.  Security told me to leave so i headed back to my car. On the way out I seen a small crowd of people around Arvloski.  I stood in line for about 5 mins and got a pic with him.  Then I was walking out of the building and their was Robbie Lawler by himself just walking out.  I walked with him for a min, got a pic. 

On fight day, I arrived to watch all the prelims, which were the best fights of the night.  Strikeforce announcers didnt anounce anything the whole night, not about going live, anything at all.  I had decent seats but not for an MMA event.  Their were tons of open seats down at the bottm, (not the floor level).  We watched from great seats until the real people who had those seats came at like 2 hours in, so we moved even closer to more empty seats.  After the last fight people Iwhizzled my way to the floor level and all the way to the cage. 

Again, their was King Mo and Robbie lawler talking to fans.  Frank Shamrock was alone and I went over to him and he said " i gotta get outa here before everyone comes"  so no pic with him. 

All in all it was a great experience.  The huge thing that peed me off was all the bandwagon fans who were drunk and starting fights.  All around me people were saying, "kick him in the nuts"  "punch him in the face"  It was 40 yr old men saying this, even thought they were drunk it kinda ruined it for me.  They would boo all the time for no reason.

Is a UFC event like this?  I know theyre coming to Indy and I'm def. going to weigh inns but im the kind of person who cant even watch a ppv at a bar.  I watch it with one or two people because I like to here the announcers and actually watch the fight.  Can anyone relate to this>

Sorry for the Grammar mistakes, I went to a public high school in Indiana,

I can totally identify with you, Navy80.  I don't think I would go to a UFC event if I had the opportunity, even though I love watching the sport.  The crowd and entire scene seems WAY to WWE for my liking.  Checkin' out the hoes, gettin' hammered, layin' down a couple bills on the big fight--it's not my idea of how to enjoy such an amazing live event.  I'm way too interested in the actual fights and strategy and story-lines to enjoy the circus act that comes with it.  That said, I would watch a good local show live or any big event I can on tv or online.