ISTEPS AND STATES

dfurgason

Has anyone else realized that the first round of Isteps is this week of folkstyle states and the second round starts April 26 the week od freestyle and greco states? Is anyone else's kid a tad torn between practices and sleep etc....My husband and I are in conflict whether our son should go to practice or be  in bed early for isteps. My son is an excellent student and a wrestler that NEEDS practice. How are other parents coping with Isteps and states? I hope next year they won't fall like this. I am truly concerned, both mean a lot to my son. ???

My two sons are in the same boat as yours...Our club is only going to practice twice this week instead of our usual three nights and we are cutting practice down from two hours to one hour. We are gonna just work technique and get the kids home to rest....Its States week.....wanna keep them fresh!!!!!

Unfortunately, when it comes to ISWA State Finals, no matter when you schedule them there will always be conflicts. Here are a few: IHSAA Team State, ISTEPS, SAT's, Middle School tournaments, Big Ten Championships, NCAA Championships, Spring Break, USA Middle School Dual Championships, USA Folkstyle Nationals, Prom, other sports, etc. I'm sure there are many more. In the end, there are no dates that work for everyone. I beleive that when there are conflicts, it is up to the parents to make a decision that is in the best interest of their child.

On a side note: There is also the availability of a facility to consider.  For example, the only week-end open at the Fairgrounds is the 1st week-end in May.

Not sure what school system you are in but In Franklin Twp. We don`t have homework during ISTEP. T usually has at least two hours of homework a night. This is in addition to wrestling. He still makes it to bed by 10:00. In reallity, I think doing the tournaments during this time of the year is probably the best time to do them. If the kids want to wrestle, they are doing what they want to do. What kid wants to do homework? They are resting from the schoolwork. They are wrestling because they want to, not because they have to. Just my thoughts.

TBD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.