Things I have learned from Wrestling

BlueBolt

In 1976 Jimtown took a load of wrestlers down to Doug Blubaugh's Top Of the World Wrestling Camp. While waiting in line to register I noticed this guy with cutoffs and cowboy boots on working on some plumbing and thought that he was the janitor or something. We found out later that guy was Doug. One of our guys that was a 2x SQ ask Mr. Blubaugh if he'd like to do some takedowns during a break and our kid was completely humiliated, never had a chance.

So on the last day of camp a group of guys had the bright idea to put Mr. Blubaugh in the muddy pond. One of the camp instructors/helpers over heard this idea and said "Let me warn you, a group of guys tried to do this last year and and one kid got his eye poked-out, the old man don't mess around"! Needless to say, we didn't pursue the prank... What did we learn?

Don't mess with the old man with cutoffs, cowboy boots, and thick glasses. You will get hurt!

I learned that you can take almost complete strangers and put them together on a team (team indiana) and in the end have them turn around and be some of the best friends you ever had and become in some cases closer than brothers.....

I need wrestling more than wrestling needs me!

I learned this as a teenager and still believe it to this day. I was a problem/lost child and the wrestling community gave me someplace that I felt I belonged and helped me to mature.

Thank you for sharing this. I can only hope other kids will feel that way as well.

You can always spot old wrestlers. Just watch for 2 guys who act like they haven't seen one another in a long time embrassing. Almost instantly you'll see an unconscience Whizzer slip in.

The moment I read this I thought of the state finals.  Watch how many times you see this next weekend.  I can picture myself greeting old friends that I only see once a year at Conseco.  This is classic, BlackshirtD!

You can always spot old wrestlers. Just watch for 2 guys who act like they haven't seen one another in a long time embrassing. Almost instantly you'll see an unconscience Whizzer slip in.

Wow, I did it yesterday and didn't even realize it! How funny!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.