Relatives who made Semi-State

jimmie323

112 Welch

Have there ever been brothers that wrestled under the lights in the same year?  These two got a shot at doing it .... back to back weight classes at that.  I can't imagine being the parents in that situation.  That would be like 15 min of nervous breakdown.  Hope you guys can do it!

Have there ever been brothers that wrestled under the lights in the same year?  These two got a shot at doing it .... back to back weight classes at that.  I can't imagine being the parents in that situation.  That would be like 15 min of nervous breakdown.  Hope you guys can do it!

I was actually sitting near the mother when the Welch's were wrestling in regionals and she looked as calm as could be. I can see where they get their cool demeanor now.

Beating TAE to it but using his stats.

Back in the golden age of Indiana Wrestling but here you go.

1934 - First Brothers State Champions: Richard Voliva, 1928 and Harry Voliva, 1934, Bloomington.

1934 - First Brothers State Champions in the same year: Maurice and James Bender, Bloomington.

1943 - First Twin Brothers to win State Championships: Henry and James Moore, Bloomington.

I was actually sitting near the mother when the Welch's were wrestling in regionals and she looked as calm as could be. I can see where they get their cool demeanor now.

You just want to smack them really...They are those kids that are really talented, well mannered, smart, and  good looking guys.   You just wanna hate them, but can't!    ;D

Mom and Dad Welch have a lot to be proud of with ALL of their kids.   And Castle Wrestling is proud to have them represent us as Student Athletes.

I"ve watched alot of wrestling over the past few years and these guys impress me.  Luke has a little to live up to but i'm sure he will.  112 was a tough weight class this year in the SIAC but he hung in there pretty well.  As far as the twins, it seems like each time I watch them wrestle i'm thinking... GOLLIE they are good!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.