Purdue vs Wisconsin @ W. Lafayette FRIDAY

Drooke

****I posted this in the College section two hours ago and it had 9 views so I thought I would re-post it here where it would recieve a bit more traffic......

Feb. 5, 2010

Purdue will be hosting Wisconsin Friday evening at 7:00

When Purdue releases an article discussing the match-up, I will link it here.

What a great opportunity to watch some exceptional wrestling the night before regionals. 

****I posted this in the College section two hours ago and it had 9 views so I thought I would re-post it here where it would recieve a bit more traffic......

Feb. 5, 2010

Purdue will be hosting Wisconsin Friday evening at 7:00

When Purdue releases an article discussing the match-up, I will link it here.

What a great opportunity to watch some exceptional wrestling the night before regionals.   

This should be awesome. Purdue has a great facility and an up and coming team. We all know what Wisconsin has. Howe might be on his way to a national title this year.

Friday's match marks the return of sixth-ranked Purdue junior Luke Manuel at 174 pounds after missing the last three matches due to injury. At 32-2 on the season, Manuel is in the midst of one of the best seasons in school history and has been nothing short of anxious to get back on the mat. He'll resume an 11-match win streak against Wisconsin and look to defend his perfect 7-0 mark against Big Ten opponents.

The Boilermakers aim to dismiss a six-match losing streak against Wisconsin on Friday, looking for their first win in the series since 2003, a 32-6 victory in Madison on Valentine's Day. The Badgers are 5-8 in dual matches with a 1-2 Big Ten Dual record, and have wrestled one of the toughest schedules in the nation this season. Five of the 10 Wisconsin starters hold national rankings in the latest polls, highlighted by top-ranked and undefeated 165-pound sophomore Andrew Howe, who carries a perfect 23-0 mark into the weekend. Friday's biggest contest will be at 197 pounds as Purdue's 11th-ranked junior Logan Brown will square off with eighth-ranked Wisconsin junior Trevor Brandvold. Brown is 27-7 on the year with a 3-1 Big Ten Dual record, looking to avenge last Sunday's loss at Minnesota, while Brandvold is 12-3 this season and a perfect 3-0 in conference bouts.

Both of the Boilermakers' matches this weekend will be in the national spotlight as Friday's bout with the Badgers will be webcast live at BigTenNetwork.com, while Sunday's contest at Michigan State will be shown on tape delay on the Big Ten Network. Live results for both matches will be available at PurdueSports.com, courtesy

The full article can be found here ...  http://www.purduesports.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/020410aaa.html

Wisconsin is making the trip to IU tomorrow.  Haven't heard what they are doing with the meet since it was to be at Bloomington South and that regional  is now starting 2 hours later.

Minnesota at IU tomorrow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.