The Ingriedents For....

fmb15291

I disagree with parts of both.  I was a former state champ and  I had neither, I was not blessed with god given talent(in fact i didnt win a match for my first 3 years of wrestling) or good drill partners(my drill partner my senior year was a freshman).  In my mind what it takes is a good head on your shoulders, hard work(as in putting in the time after practice during season), and ALOT of summer wrestling, and supporting parents helped me.

Well i've never won state and i probably won't do it this year. but if i were to guess as to what it takes to be a state champion, I would say you simply have to be willing to work harder and devote more time to your sport than anyone else in the state... And a whole lot of natural atheltic ability probably wouldn't hurt  ;D

Well i've never won state and i probably won't do it this year. but if i were to guess as to what it takes to be a state champion, I would say you simply have to be willing to work harder and devote more time to your sport than anyone else in the state... And a whole lot of natural atheltic ability probably wouldn't hurt   ;D

Sometimes being the most devoted, hardworking guy in the state isn't enough. Executing at the right time is important too. Being a gamer. Darren Elkins was the hardest working individual i had ever seen in my life and he was only a one time champ.

Sometimes being the most devoted, hardworking guy in the state isn't enough. Executing at the right time is important too. Being a gamer. Darren Elkins was the hardest working individual i had ever seen in my life and he was only a one time champ.

"ONLY" a one time champ? lol that  is a pretty spectacular accomplishment if you ask me. but I defintely agree with you on needing the ability to "be a gamer". If you can't step your game up and wrestle to your best ability in the big match, you will never make it anywhere in wrestling.

"ONLY" a one time champ? lol that  is a pretty spectacular accomplishment if you ask me. but I defintely agree with you on needing the ability to "be a gamer". If you can't step your game up and wrestle to your best ability in the big match, you will never make it anywhere in wrestling.

I'm sure if you were to ask Darren he'd say he was ONLY a 1 time state champion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.