Loras Open another +1 for Jamal

The University of Northern Iowa captured four individual first-place finishes Saturday at the Loras Open in the Panthers? 2009-10 season opener. The Panthers also racked up three second- and third-place honors.

UNI?s champions included Grant Sutter (125 lbs.), Jamal Lawrence (149 lbs.), Brett Robbins (157 lbs.) and Ryan Loder (184 lbs.).

The Panthers took the top two spots at the 125-pound class with Sutter taking first and Cruse Aarhus taking second place honors. At 149 pounds the Panthers swept the top three spots with Lawrence taking first followed by Trevor Kittleson in second and Charlie Ettelson in third.

The Panthers return to the mat Nov. 14 at the Northwestern Duals in Evanston, Ill.

UNI?s Place Winners at Loras Open

125 lbs - Grant Sutter ? 1st place

Cruse Aarhus ? 2nd place

133 lbs ? Joey Lazor ? 2nd place

141 lbs - Alec Hoffman ? 5th

149 lbs ? Jamal Lawrence ? 1st

Trevor Kittleson ? 2nd

Charlie Ettelson ? 3rd

157 lbs ? Brett Robbins ? 1st

165 lbs ? David Bonin ? 5th

184 lbs ? Ryan Loder -1st

Andy O?Loughlin ? 3rd

285 lbs ? Christian Brantley ? 3rd

• 4 weeks later...

Drooke

Thanks for the info.  You win the prize for the coolest Logo or picture or what ever you call it. My computer skills will not allow me to do that. Homer was the best I could do.

Respectfully Oscar

Drooke

Thanks for the info.   You win the prize for the coolest Logo or picture or what ever you call it. My computer skills will not allow me to do that. Homer was the best I could do.

Respectfully Oscar

Great start for Jamal.  Glad to see him continue to improve at the college level.

Oscar- As a major Simpsons fan Homer is just fine in my book.