Toughest weight class

189 over all looks the toughest, but 130 and 160 are the two toughest weight classes to win. Period.

189 it looks like there will be a battle for first, 130, and 160, looks like a battle for second, no disrespect to anyone in those weight classes but tsirtsis and McMurray are monsters.

You must be a 130 or 135 wrestler because they are not loaded

I've been out of HS for 15 years, and the last time I was 135 pounds I was probably 11 or 12!  The reason I chose those weights is because people tend to move up or down in weight class depending where the most dominant guys are.  I guess it matters what your definition of toughest class is.  My definition would be the class with the most kids that have a shot to win it, as in you have to beat a whole lot of good wrestlers to win.  If you look at toughest to win, you have to say whatever class Tsirtsis wrestles, since he looks to be the best guy pound for pound.

okay okay i get what your saying but tsirtsis has this all taken care of so how would that qualify as the toughest with only 1 perso ahead of the bunch?

okay okay i get what your saying but tsirtsis has this all taken care of so how would that qualify as the toughest with only 1 perso ahead of the bunch?

t

Tony, I think you are only partly getting what I am saying.  I'm saying that the class that Tsirtsis wrestles won't be very tough, overall, because he is such a strong favorite, that if you are a kid of the next level of talent, most kids would rather bump up a weight or cut down to avoid his weight class, thus giving them a better chance to be a state champ.  While no one is unbeatable, if the better wrestler wrestles his best match, he won't be beaten.  Good luck to you this season!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.