2009 ISWA Triple Crown Award Winners

Infolady

20 TRIPLE CROWN AWARD WINNERS - If I have overlooked anyone, please let me know.

Bantam 40 - Taybor Quear of Anderson

Bantam  50 - Demi Allen of Anderson

Bantam 55/60 - Tyce Freije of Clayton

Intermediate 50 - Samuel Fair of Beech Grove

Intermediate 65 - Joe Lee of Evansville

Intermediate 87 - Bryce Baumgartner of Decatur

Novice 60 - Paul Konrath - Mt. Vernon

Novice 70 - Nick Lee of Evansville

Novice 80 - Jake Tucker of Lowell

Novice 105/112 - Conner James of Greenfield

Novice 140 - Travis Gooding of Markleville

Schoolboy 77 - Tommy Cash of New Palestine

Schoolboy 91/98 - Levi Moss of Indianapolis

Schoolboy 128 - Luke Kriech of Franklin

Schoolboy 136/144 - Clayton Fiddler of Bloomington

Schoolboy 152 - Michael Bates of South Bend

Schoolboy 175 - Mitch Sliga of Fishers

Schoolboy 210 - Wesley Bernard of Indianapolis

Cadet 84 - Santo Marciano of Munster

Cadet 112 - Jared McKinley of Indianapolis  

Cadet 130/135 - Andrew Konrath of Mount Vernon

Hunter Fox-Contenders  won schoolboy 91 folkstyle and schoolboy 84 freestyle

Drew Hughes won middle school state at 75 and also freestyle and greco.Was very close to winning all 4 like Tommy Cash

A consideration could actually be given to either Middle School State or the ISWA Folkstyle State as counting toward the Triple Crown. (just my opinion)

There have been wrestlers recognized at the high school level for winning the IHSAA state title, greco state, and freestyle state and have been issued the Triple Crown plaque when they DID NOT participate or win the ISWA Folkstyle State. Just as middle school state doesn't fall under the auspices (per se) of the ISWA nor does the IHSAA so I would recommend keeping it standardized and recognizing the Middle School State tourney just as the IHSAA state tourney is recognized.

This is NOT a complaint, just a suggestion...the ISWA does a wonderful job and I am just throwing this out there..."food for thought". If we are going to count the IHSAA state finals in the trilogy, lets include the IHSWCA middle school state finals as well.

Jake Masengale , won, SB 160  Greco State & Freestyle State.    Also won MS State at 152.  Very close to winning all 4 (only missed by 1 match at Folkstyle). 

Won all his matches during ms season & club, except the finals of Folkstyle State.

A consideration could actually be given to either Middle School State or the ISWA Folkstyle State as counting toward the Triple Crown. (just my opinion)

There have been wrestlers recognized at the high school level for winning the IHSAA state title, greco state, and freestyle state and have been issued the Triple Crown plaque when they DID NOT participate or win the ISWA Folkstyle State. Just as middle school state doesn't fall under the auspices (per se) of the ISWA nor does the IHSAA so I would recommend keeping it standardized and recognizing the Middle School State tourney just as the IHSAA state tourney is recognized.

This is NOT a complaint, just a suggestion...the ISWA does a wonderful job and I am just throwing this out there..."food for thought". If we are going to count the IHSAA state finals in the trilogy, lets include the IHSWCA middle school state finals as well.

When the ISWA first began awarding the triple crown, Juniors were not able to compete at Folkstyle state.  So, the ISWA gave them the chance to win the triple crown by including a high school state title. 

When middle school state first started, it was meant to be a qualifier for our state's middle school national duals teams.  I agree that the tournament has grown and developed into an elite event and should be considered for the triple crown.  The ISWA will have to discuss this.

GrecoCoach:

That's really what my post was intended for...to foster discussion about it; again, I feel the ISWA does a tremendous job but if we can improve the award by altering and modifying as we go along through meaningful discussions, it is prudent for everyone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.