Franklin's Grizzly Iron Man April 18th and 19th - Freestyle, Greco and Folkstyle

PROPOWER

Franklin?s Grizzly Iron-Man

Saturday April 18th and Sunday April 19th the Franklin Community Wrestling Club will be hosting its 2nd Grizzly Iron-Man Tournament.  The tournament will feature Freestyle Saturday morning, Greco-Roman Saturday Night and Folkstyle on Sunday.  This will be a good warm up for our upcoming Greco-Roman and Freestyle State Tourneys.  Please read through the following information. 

Registration & Weigh-ins:  This is a reminder to all clubs and individuals that there is NO on-site weigh-ins for our wrestling tournament.  All registration and weigh-ins are by fax.  Faxes will be due by Wednesday, April 15th.  Clubs wishing to fax weigh-ins should contact Chris Lynch via e-mail at chris@proindustries.com  no later than April 13th.  Please include club name, contact name and phone number with your request.  All faxes must be on Franklin?s forms or they will not be accepted.  Forms will be sent out sometime before April 13th for those that have early requests. 

Tournament Start Times:

Freestyle:  Saturday 8:00 am

Greco: Saturday Aprox 6:00 pm or 30 minutes after conclusion of Freestyle

Folkstyle: Sunday 9:00 am

Cost: $10 for 1 Style, $20 for 2 Styles and $25 for all 3 Styles

Age Division: Pee-Wee thru Junior

Awards: Medals to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Ribbons to 4th, 5th, and 6th

Dominator Award: Champion in all 3 styles will receive a special award sponsored by Pro Industries and       Pro Power Strength Training Equipment. 

Location:   Franklin Community High School, 2600 Cumberland Drive, Franklin IN 46131

(located just 25 minutes south of Indianapolis)

Last year we had a very nice turnout with 660 Freestyle, 330 Greco and 440 Folkstyle. 

If you have any questions please contact Chuck VanHorn at 317-412-3301 or Chris Lynch at 317-695-1106.  You can also e-mail questions and other request to chris@proindustries.com or jcbcattle@embarqmail.com

No word on final numbers yet, our ladies will be working on that tonight.  We have around 80 differnt clubs represented with about 25 of those from outside the state of Indiana.  I will post numbers when i get them.  Please remember we are wrestling in a fieldhouse with limited seating so it would be good to bring folding type lawn chairs. 

No one thinks this might be a bit much, at the lower age groups?

very few younger kids wrestling all 3 styles.  most younger kids just wrestling freestyle or folkstyle.  numbers for freestyle and greco very high for cadet and jrs. 

Nicely ran tournament. Some really great talent, local and surrounding states. Some of the skills demonstrated by a small group from Alabama, were also pretty amazing in the art of shall I  say more than wrestling. I will say thatIndiana hospitality was rudely taken advantage of and the sad part was their coach and other fathers stood up for them. Not something that should be done at a wrestling tournament.

Come one 3boyzdad why would you add  the last three sentances and not elaborate a bit more.  You could have just posted the first two.

You cast out the line and got a bite..........now spill it.

Yeah no kidding . I'm wondering what you're talking about.

On a more positive note; both days of wrestling at Franklin went very smoothly. We were out of the school by 10:15 PM, Saturday and 12:45 PM on Sunday. All of our kids had an enjoyable experience. The fieldhouse is a great place to hold a wrestling tournament. Pat VanHorn, Chris Lynch and the entire Franklin Community wrestling program should be congratulated for such a great event.

The Franklin Wrestling Club would like to thank all the clubs and individuals that helped pull off such a large event.  It?s hard enough to run one tournament but three tournaments in 2 days would be impossible without the outstanding help of the volunteers that we had.  I would also like to thank all the wrestlers and parents for participating in our event.  We ended up with 30 wrestlers that won All 3 Styles.  I will post the Iron-Man list later today. 

2009 Franklin Grizzly Iron-Man

Jackson Pruitt ? PW 65 ? Indy Southside Rebels ? Indianapolis IN

Taybor Quear ? B 40 ? Red Cobra Wrestling Club ? Frankton IN

Alex Cottey ? B 45 ? Perry Meridian Wrestling Club ? Indianapolis IN

Skylar Lee ? B 65 ? Club Madison ? Madison IN

Tretter Lyons ? B 70 ? Tell City Wrestling Club ? Tell City IN

Ethan Smiley ? I 75 ? Beech Grove Wrestling Club ? Beech Grove IN

Logan Kent ? I 112 ? Club Madison ? Madison IN

Brock Hudkins ? N 65 ? Contenders Wrestling Club ? Danville IN

Demarius Terhune ? N 70 ? Champaign Jr. Illini Wrestling Club ? Rantoul  IL

Luke DiPietro ? N 85 ? VIMOH Wrestling Club ? Huntsville AL

Connor James ? N 105 ? Indy Southside Rebels ? Greenwood IN

John Cameron Nuckols ? N 130 ? Greenfield Wrestling Club ? Greenfield IN

Eli Kent ? N 165 ? Club Madison ? Madison IN

Charles Keith ? N 190 ? New Albany Wrestling Club ? New Albany IN

Nate Jozsa ? SB 77 ? Elite Wrestling Club ? Mt. Zion IL

Levi Moss ? SB 98 ? Ben Davis Wrestling Club ? Indianapolis IN

Evan Smiley ? SB 120 ? Beech Grove Wrestling Club ? Beech Grove IN

Brandon Davis ? SB 128 - New Albany Wrestling Club ? New Albany IN

Luke Kriech ? SB 136 ? Franklin Wrestling Club ? Franklin IN

Jake Masengale ? SB 152/160 ? Perry Meridian Wrestling Club ? Indianapolis IN

Alonzo Shepherd ? C 105 ? Team Jeff ? Jeffersonville IN

Cole VanHorn ? C 135 ? Franklin Wrestling Club ? Franklin IN

Logan Sabik ? C 152 ? Center Grove Wrestling Club ? Greenwood IN

Brian Walker ? C 171 ? VIMOH Wrestling Club ? Huntsville AL

Beau Judd ? C 285 ? Wabash Valley Wrestling Club ? Brazil IN

Anthony Bruno ? JR 119 ? VIMOH Wrestling Club ? Madison AL

Luke Schofield ? JR 130 ? Franklin Wrestling Club ? Franklin IN

Jordan Jensen ? JR 135 ? Terre Haute South Wrestling Club ? Terre Haute IN

Cameron Vlahos ? JR 171 ? Boiler Wrestling Club ? Battle Ground IN

Dylan Froehlich ? JR 215 ? Tell City Wrestling Club ? Tell City IN

Please let me know if I typed any of the information wrong. 

I'd also like to say thanks to everyone from Franklin for the great tournament! Brandon had a great time, lots of good compition. This was our second time at this tournament and it was even better this year! Definately putting it on the calender for next year! Congrats to all the Iron Men, including my own!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.