Evansville 8th graders

niceshot

Some that i have observed...

Little Johns-Reitz

Little Kuhn-Reitz

Mastison-Harrison

Little Welch- Castle

Little Wedding????? not sure what grade but he is tough!

I know there are lots of others but these are some standouts that i remembered

Welch Johns and Wedding are all around 110.  Welch beat both johns and wedding in some close matches.  Haven't seen Kuhn that much to know of any big wins.

I would imagine Welch being a 112lber next year for the knights.

As for the Reitz youngsters, it will be tough to find a spot at those lower weights with big kuhn and moody both coming back

At one point all of them (minus Kuhn) were at 110. Welch is at the top of the heap so far with Wedding 2nd best and Mastison & Johns going back and forth. Johns wrestled 98 at Folkstyle state, so who knows where he is or will be later. Kuhn was aroun 100 and then went 95 for the 2nd half of the season. It is impossible to tell where these guys will end up next year because of the timing and severity of growth spurts. We will hear from ALL of them eventually bcuz these kids are solid!

Who are some good 8th graders in Evansville that will be freshmen next year?

Mason Schnaar ER

Ryun Hall EC

Isiah Kemper EC

Alex Schneider MD

Schoettlin MD

These are a few more to add to the list. There are quite a few more but its late and my mind isn't working real good.

Welch Johns and Wedding are all around 110.  Welch beat both johns and wedding in some close matches.  Haven't seen Kuhn that much to know of any big wins.

I would imagine Welch being a 112lber next year for the knights.

As for the Reitz youngsters, it will be tough to find a spot at those lower weights with big kuhn and moody both coming back

Mastison is 110 to.

Little Welch  prob 112 next year

Little Thomason prob 152 - 160  next year

Little Cuz Powless prob 152 - 160 next year

Teddy ( a beast at 200 ? I think)

Welch has the best shot at Varsity next year as the others will be battling the older Welches, Weikel and Rosey at the upper weights for Castle.

Also you never know who will step it up after Jr High as I remember Ryan Mann not wrestling much as an 8th grader but really came into his own in HS.

Who are some good 8th graders in Evansville that will be freshmen next year?

Mason Schnaar ER

Ryun Hall EC

Isiah Kemper EC

Alex Schneider MD

Schoettlin MD

These are a few more to add to the list. There are quite a few more but its late and my mind isn't working real good.

Kemper is not an 8th grader!!

I disagree with Welch being on top of the pack. Wedding and Welch have wrestled twice this year, not once, and they split. They have wrestled one match that was 3    2 minute periods like a highschool match. Wedding thoroughly dominated this match something like 7-1 or 7-2. In the other match it was 3    1 minute periods, allowing a leg rider/ defensive wrestler like Welch an advantage. Welch barely held Wedding off and actually was on the receiving end of a questionable call when Wedding barrel rolled him to his back for five but the ref said it was on the line and didn't count. Welch won this match by 1 point because he was good at sticking in his legs and getting stalemate calls. Wedding would beat Welch 9 out of 10 times in a 6 minute match.

to emwrestling:

Not a GOOD REPLY.  I am glad that you informed us that they have wrestled more than once and that they split.  I don't believe there is any reason to call out a talented wrestler like Welch and call him defensive and say he was lucky for winning.  A win is a win in my.  I respect you stating facts about matches, but there is no reason to put down a JUNIOR HIGH wrestler.  Hopefully these two will meet again over the next four years!  It is going to be fun to watch!  Both are great wrestlers and represent the south well. 

To Some1:

I was not calling Welch out. I think he is a GREAT wrestler and think he will be one of the best hopes for a state placer from southern indiana in the next couple of years. I'm not even saying that NEXT year he won't be the best. And I never said at any point in the post he was LUCKY to win, I said he did a good job at riding legs and blocking someone who in my opinion is a better neutral wrestler in a 3 minute match, but that in my opinion in a match where there is 6 minutes that he wouldn't be able to block Wedding from scoring points. I am allowed to state my opinion, which is that Wedding would win at this point in time, that's all. People above have said that Welch is better, that is THEIR opinion, but you didn't bash them for "calling out" Wedding. Chill out man, don't take it so seriously.

other area wrestlers

130 Kirk Stenftenagel(Jasper) 20-0 17 pins  allowed only 1 point entire season

115 JR Wallis (Princeton) ready for high school

110 Welch (Castle) ready for high school

HwtDavid  Martinez( Jasper) undefeated at HWT

95 Ruger Kerstiens(Jasper) tough

well this thread kinda proves evansville people dont recruit, i think ive heard of all these last names from just the last couple years of wrestling, its almost as if there are just a few families down there that wrestle but they come in bunches and are all really good

Stenftenagel has a pretty mean headlock

emwrestling,

chill-ax man. Its a discussion board where we are all allowed an opinion. I have watched both wrestlers many times for the past few years. I agree that lil Wedding is an outstanding JR high wrestler and will do great things at Memorial. I was just stating that THIS YEAR I saw Welch as the better wrestler. Not saying Wedding couldn't, didn't, or wouldn't beat him. I'm sorry if you were offended by a statement of OPINION. Please feel free to use that post as bulletin board motivation for the young lad. Good luck to both in the very near future.

haha, I don't know if anyone is reading my posts. What I said was that I AGREE that it's an opinion and that everyone was entitled to their own, and just bc I said I thought wedding was better than welch doesn't mean I'm saying u can't have an opposite opinion, I am glad to hear it. It was another person who took my opinion as bashing a middle schooler just bc I thought wedding was better. Anyways, wedding went 4-0 in his first day at the Danville nationals including a win over team Indiana gold. With him welch and johns the siac will have some good chances of outstanding freshman next year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.