Top 5 Team State Champs???

gnome

Since the implementation of a team state tournament in 1995, who are your top 5 teams of all time (all 14 years)? I'll start things off...

1. Mater Dei 2003

2. Mater Dei 2001

3. Crown Point 2009

4. Mater Dei 1998

5. Lawrence North 2004

Not to be a hater but CP is not in the top 5

I think you left out the 2002 MD team...

Bittner

Macke

coughlin

scott

weinzy

nosko

conkling

maurer

riggs

wildeman

beal

lewis

schmitt

unfried

The 04 LN team was insane....

I think CP has to be considered for the top 5

They have 5 near locks, 2 other SQ's, a couple other very solid wrestlers, and the rest seem to have really learned the art of not giving up bonus points.

Not saying they are the best, but they would  keep it close with anybody if not win.

Not to be a hater but CP is not in the top 5

I think you left out the 2002 MD team...

Bittner

Macke

coughlin

scott

weinzy

nosko

conkling

maurer

riggs

wildeman

beal

lewis

schmitt

unfried

The 04 LN team was insane....

The 05 LN team was the dominate one.  The 04 team was the one who beat Portage after they beat MD.  The 03 MD team is #1 by far I think (7 wrestlers in the top 3, 4 champs, 1 2nd, 2 3rd) and 05 LN is 2nd.

EMD from 03' and LN from 05' battling for the top spot. Idk about CP being top 5, but they could be. Just shows how tough MHS and CHS were since either of them could have very easily ended up the team state champs. Has there ever been a year with 3 teams as good as those 3? You had the defending undefeated team state champs. The Irish who beat them. The 09' team state champs who went down to the last match with CHS in the semis'. Everyone knew whoever came out of that side was winning the team state title.

7 to 7 in the finals.  Not such a sure thing.  Hwy might have went either way which changes the end result.  Not to take anything away from the champs.  They earned it.  And had to.  Great job Dogs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.