Merrillville SS Question @112

ArmyofOne

On Indianamat.com homepage for the Merrillville SS the following is listed...

Crown Point should crown their first of several semi-state champions at this class. Anthony Hawkins has beaten many of the state?s best and is heavily favored to claim the top spot on the podium this year. The best ticket round matches should pit Rochester?s Garth Simpson versus Calumet regional champ Danny Rodriguez of Highland and Robert Floyd of Delphi taking on Brandon Coppinger of Portage.

The Big Kahuna

#1 Anthony Hawkins - Crown Point - Junior (34-0)

Conseco Bound

Garth Simpson ? Rochester - Sophomore (43-4)

#13 Brandon Coppinger ? Portage - Sophomore (35-7)

Alex Gregory ? Penn - Sophomore (29-4)

Bracket Busters

Robert Floyd ? Delphi - Senior (14-3)

Danny Rodriguez ? Highland - Sophomore (29-6)

My question is, according to the brackets Coppinger and Gregory would met in the quarterfinals, meaning one of them would not be Conseco Bound.  Am I looking at something wrong here? 

I don't think you're missing something as i see it too.  I'm guessing floyd is supposed to be conseco bound and gregory is supposed to be the bracket buster judging by the fact that none of his predicted conseco bound people would meet floyd before the semis and gregory and coppinger would be wrestling in the ticket round. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.