Tony Mcginley get's STUCK!

wrestler60160

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a nice gesture on McGinley's part to wrestle Hunter, but he is by no means a front runner for the mental attitude award winner at state.  Anyone at the last 6 way for cathedral would agree with me.  He is a very talented wrestler but not exactly the role model people are making him out to be.

i do remember one(maybe both i dont remember that well) of the mcginleys not taking a loss very well at state last year...but whether he has an attitude or not at least we know he isnt a selfish little punk and has a great deal of kindness in him

Yes Mcginley does an attitude ! As a mom of wrestler I saw the act at the cathedral 6 way it did get out of hand but I think this young man proved that he is a very nice young man and can do the right thing! I think he is up there for the mental attitude award come state but so are many others.

We will just have to see

Since we are taking time to recognize a great act by Tony, I would like to let people know about another such act that took place.  Matt Goodwin from Lawrence North took time last year the morning after team state to drive himself back down to Center Grove to our beginners tournament to wrestle my step-son Marcus Milton.  Marcus has autism and has spent countless hours in the gyms watching his brothers wrestle.  He always talks about when he will wrestle, so we decided to make it happen.  Marcus had his own bracket that included himself, Matt Goodwin and Morgan Plake (one of our high school wrestlers).  The bracket had Marcus and Morgan on top and Goodwin on the bottom.  We had Morgan wrestle awhile and eventually get pinned.  That set up the finals.  Matt wanted to also get pinned but we told him to win by a couple of points so that Marcus could see that you don't always win.  He wrestled Marcus for the whole match and ended winning like 8-6 in overtime.  It was truly an awsome experience both for Marcus and our family.  Matt hung out with Marcus for awhile afterwards making his day.  Thanks again Matt and Morgan you are two great young men.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.