Rensselaer 9th-10th Invite

NWHC 145 Champ

This Saturday will be the annual Rensselaer 9th-10th Invite. Last year there were 26 teams that participated. Teams from Mishawaka, most of the Duneland, Griffith, North Mont, South Mont, and several other teams from throughout Northern Indiana participate in this. We use 4 mats and wrestle nonstop. There are 2 seperate divisions. Top 3 wrestlers receive medals. Wrestling is finished around 3pm. Come out and watch the future stars of tomorrow wrestle, or better yet, contact Rensselaer and see about bringing your young kids!

Contact our Athletic Director: Ken Hickman at 1-219-866-5175  ext. 220

Like I said, this is a great meet and we would love to have you. He can fax you the info. immediately and get you started. Please remember, Rensselaer is on Chicago time! Any others interested?

My A.D. will be calling tomorrow but I was curious if you allow more than one wrestler from a school in a weight class.

They always have in the past unless things have changed recently.  If there is more than one per school in a weight class, they always try to put them on opposite side of the bracket.  Freshman wrestle Freshmen and Sophomores wrestle Sophomores.

We do allow more than 1 wrestler per weight class. This is strictly an individual tournament with no team score kept. The whole intention is to get these kids some matches and try to get them paired up with some kids they don't normally see during the season, at least in the 1st round. We look forward to hosting this again on Saturday and seeing some great wrestling by the young kids.

Hogleg is exactly correct.  Freshman wrestle Freshman and Sophomores wrestle Sophmores.  We try real hard to seperate kids from the same school or area.  This way they see new competion.  If my memory serves me correctly we have conducted this tournament for these kids since the mid to late 1970's.  1976 sticks in my mind, but that too is slipping just like everything else!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.