Twin Lakes sectionals

ngwilliams

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. West Central will be a legit contender for the title this year and the years to come. Great turn around. I also believe Winamac has to be a consideration for the title. Overall, it is still a good sectional that does not get a lot of respect. Put on very well.

W.Central has done an awesome job this season so farrrr, ::) they beat Winamac, Valpo, Pioneer, Twin Lakes, Rensellaer, and other sectional opponenets. They could well be the favorites to win their first ever sectional 8)

How many champs will the Trojans have, can they place high in several wt classes?

Logan is always a good team come sectional and this year I think they start 8 seniors. Tough to top that ;)

GO TROJANS :o

WC has been looking good. Haven't been able to watch as much as i'd like.. Haven't faced too much stiff competion but i think they are contenders..carrying a legitamate 21-5 record. Dropped a very close one to Michigan City a couple weeks ago.. I think Delphi is the only team thats really taken it to them. BUT should be a very exciting post season and a fun next few years. GOod Luck EVERYONE!

I agree West Central has a fantastic program and the coaches are doing one heck of a job.  The youth program they have develop is awesome and it takes a lot of dedication to the program! Good Luck To Everyone!!

It really doesn't matter how W.C. stacked up against these other teams in head to head dual meets.  When it comes to sectionals, some good teams don't seed as well as they should which means a different result in tournament scoring.  I would like to see West Central win that sectional, but I aint seeing it.

Let's hear your picks 8)

103 WC-Log

112 Pio-TL

119 LOg-WAC

125 TL-WC

130 Pio Log

135 WC-Pio

140 NW-Pio

145WC-TL ;D

152 Wi-Pio

160 Log-Pio

171 Log-LC

189 Ren-Pio

215 LC-NW

HWT Log-Pio

SHould be fun to watch and see who will win this year. All the best to the competitors and coaches

2004 we beat twin lakes by 30 points in a dual and lost the sectional to them 241-240.

Don't ever go by a dual meet score you don't know who was in the line-up or where they were in the lineup.

Team to beat Winamac

Dark Horse Logansport

Surprise team West Central

Sleepers Pioneer Rensselaer

I agree that you cannot go by a dual meet.  For a team to win sectionals it takes alot of help from the other schools studs like caston, south newton and any other teams not filling half of their weight classes.  This is different from other years in this sectionals because there is no way we can put a lock on the top three teams like we have been able to in the past.  It doesn't take 2-3 very good wrestlers to make a good team, it take 12-13 guys who can wrestle six minutes competivly.  It'll come down to whoever is wrestling the best that day

I agree dual meets do not mean anything. At the same meet that Renn beat Pioneer we beat Renn only losing one match (not counting forfeits) I believe. Also, my sr. year we had 13 seniors and lost 3 maybe four dual matches all year, had 7 in the finals and 6 champs and still lost to Pioneer. (2002) So realistically you need more than 7 good wrestlers...you need a team that can stay in every match and place!

Can't Wait. Good Luck!

I agree with all of the comments made!  Dual meets really don't matter when it comes to sectionals, the only thing it helps is the chance at getting a good seed.  Plus I agree Renssealer is a little week and young this year but hopefully they can put on a decent showing from what they have had in the past few years!  Good Luck to everyone and it should be a great sectional to watch.

Scott 2002 was a great year for us, we one our first conference title in21 years and first ever sectional.  That team was very young for us and we over achieved big time.  Our team this year has had its up and downs. We start 11 freshman and sophomores with 1 senior in the mix we have 0 juniors in our room  and only the 1 senior, so we are going to have some ups and downs, but hopefully we can be competitive at the end.

Coach Spray

I think with each team having its "studs" it should be a great sectional. I really believe one team will not walk away with it. Should come down to the end of the day. Depends on who gets those 3rds and 5ths in the sectional. Extra points always help. Look forward to watching some great wrestling.

???Scot what do you mean u will be watching? ar u the coach u should be coaching in the finals.

Lets hear some other picks

Spray took the easy way out and picked Winamac,(WC kicked their butt)

Pick some Wt classes

I stll like the TROJANS but pion and winamc may figure in along with logn :-X

I thnk Pioner is young and still a threat evn though WC beat them handily

Logan has 8 seniors so they will be in the mix too

Spray alwyas pulls something out come tourney time but winmc seems to be down this year :-\

TROJANS ROCK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.