gOOD OLE dAYS

Regionrat1

wELL ITS almost a new year and da rat is gettin a little sentimental. I know not everyone can remember back deen ( I know DA ANCIENT ONE IS OLDER DAN DIRT) but how many wraslin programs where dare in da 1970's at da college level back deen. I think dat its such a sham it so hard to wrasle at da next level now a days. Scholarships are so scarce. iLOOK at some many of past region state champs and see da lack of oppertunity for deem. Then if you wrasle div 2-3 you can't wrasle at the div 1 nationals lile you could back in da day. lets think abouut it

RIP

bALL STATE

iNDIANA STATE

nOTRE DAME

vALPORARSIO

EVENASVILLE

dA RAT HAS TO ADMIT THESE KIDS are better today deen when da rat was strappin a singlet on. But not as many are competing at da next level. So say a prayer for all da dead programs and hope day rise again for our young grapplers.

wELL ITS almost a new year and da rat is gettin a little sentimental. I know not everyone can remember back deen ( I know DA ANCIENT ONE IS OLDER DAN DIRT) but how many wraslin programs where dare in da 1970's at da college level back deen. I think dat its such a sham it so hard to wrasle at da next level now a days. Scholarships are so scarce. iLOOK at some many of past region state champs and see da lack of oppertunity for deem. Then if you wrasle div 2-3 you can't wrasle at the div 1 nationals lile you could back in da day. lets think abouut it

RIP

bALL STATE

iNDIANA STATE

nOTRE DAME

vALPORARSIO

EVENASVILLE

dA RAT HAS TO ADMIT THESE KIDS are better today deen when da rat was strappin a singlet on. But not as many are competing at da next level. So say a prayer for all da dead programs and hope day rise again for our young grapplers.

Amen to that!  It's a real shame the one True Sport is one of the first to go when money is the only concern!

Almost all the colleges and universities in Indiana had wrestling in early-mid 70's.  I've added just a few that can be added to the other list already.  I believe Rose Hulman added theirs after the 70's--could be wrong.

Anderson

DePauw

Wabash

Hanover

Manchester

regionrat1,

The exact quote is:

"Older than dirt,

Uglier than sin,

Meaner than a striped snake, and

Five minutes younger than GOD"

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

Wabash, Manchester & Rose Hulman still have wrestling.

Bethel & Trine (Tri-State) are relative new start ups

The Indiana programs dropped since I entered Wabash in the fall of 1980 are:

Valparaiso

Notre Dame

Huntington

Taylor

Anderson

DePauw

Indiana State

Franklin

Hanover

Evansville

If you are talking about Bethel College in Mishawaka, IN they also dropped their wrestling program.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.