Seth Collier

groundhog

Seth is doing great. He is still not able to wrestle or participate in sports and may not be able to ever. He was pretty spectacular in his day and would definitely be somewhere towards the top of one of the weight classes if still wrestling. My son saw him last week and said he is still built like a rock. Really thought he had a chance at being a four time state champ but life takes turns in the road and he and his family have dealt with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Seth is doing great. He is still not able to wrestle or participate in sports and may not be able to ever. He was pretty spectacular in his day and would definitely be somewhere towards the top of one of the weight classes if still wrestling. My son saw him last week and said he is still built like a rock. Really thought he had a chance at being a four time state champ but life takes turns in the road and he and his family have dealt with them.

4x State Champ?!?!?!?! The kid was pretty decent in middle school, but 4x state champ, you surely can't be serious!

Well when you travel the National Circuit and win or place top 3 at all of the tourneys I would say that you have a chance at being a 4x state champ.  I would say pretty decent in Middle School.....lol.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa... what exactly is the "NATIONAL CIRCUIT"?  If you are talking about Tournament of Champions, Topeka, Tulsa, Liberty, etc. then your argument is terrible.  After digging through some archives, I notice that Seth was not undefeated at the Schoolboy Duals, did not win Topeka, did not win Liberty, did not win Tulsa, did not win the Tournament of Champions, and MOST RECENTLY placed 6th at Cadet FOLKSTYLE State, in a weight class where he placed BEHIND Chris Mascaro who never even won ONE state title, let alone FOUR.  Some placements at some youth national tournaments before 7th grade does not add up to 4 high school state titles.  Ask Andrew Howe who won only 3 state titles, a Junior National Championship, went undefeated at the JUNIOR DUALS, etc., or LeRoy Vega who won just 2 state titles, but won a double title in Fargo and went on to be a 3x All American at Minnesota, or Michael Escobedo, who only won 2 state titles but won everything there was to win when he was a kid, or Andrae Hernandez who won just 2 state titles and won everything there was to win when he was a kid, or Eric McGill, who also won just 2 state titles and won youth national tournaments, or Eric Galka, who also won just 2 state titles and won youth national tournaments, or how about Danny Bedoy, who won everything there was to win when he was a kid, including a double title in the Cadets at Fargo, and guess how many state titles he won..... ZERO!  These kids are among DA REGION's best ever and could not win 4 state titles.  Seth Collier's name should not even be mentioned with these others, so what makes you think he woulda been a 4 timer?  Last time I checked they don't just hand those out to everybody. If the kid is a nice kid and comes from a nice family, don't make everyone start hating him because of your ridiculous comments!  ::)

...had a chance at being a four time state champ....

Don't know the kid OR his situation helath wise, but he obviouslly is unable to wrestle do to circumstances beyond his control.

For any of you peanuts that would like to pick at his resume' I will tell you to shut your pie hole and realize that any kid roaming the halls of any school anywhere whether they have ever donned a singlet or not has "a chance at being a four time state champ".  And if you want to argue that, I will remind you that their are tons of ants on the sidewalk taunting you to bring on your magnifying glass tough guy!! ::)

I don't think anyone is doing any picking of his resume. RegionRoyalty is just stating that it's a bit absurd for one to assume that since he was successful in youth wrestling he would have won 4 state titles. He said it best when saying "they don't just hand those out." His argument is pretty good and I don't think it was intended in anyway to bring down this kid, but he is just simply putting in his 2 cents into the poor assumption made by tkdwn2.

I don't think anyone is doing any picking of his resume. RegionRoyalty is just stating that it's a bit absurd for one to assume that since he was successful in youth wrestling he would have won 4 state titles. He said it best when saying "they don't just hand those out." His argument is pretty good and I don't think it was intended in anyway to bring down this kid, but he is just simply putting in his 2 cents into the poor assumption made by tkdwn2.

never said "would" or "could" or "should"....had a chance

[glow=red,2,300]and so does my 10 mo. old niece.[/glow]

First it really stinks that he did not and probably will not get a chance to show how good he could have been. As far as Tulsa, Liberty, and the rest I am not going to take the time to look up his results but I do know he placed and usually in the top 3. This was supposed to be an update on his health situation and really made the 4x comment because that was my opinion..He had a chance..was a very good wrestler..!!!!!! Sorry to offend some of you with alot of time on your hands to do a statistical analysis of all the great wrestlers from Indiana and the tournaments that they won. I do understand how hard it is to win 4x and especially if you are above 125 as a frosh which eh would have been. Again the important part..he is doing fine physically and has not had a problem lately but cannot participate in sports because he loses consciousness when he exercises..that is pretty scary and that was supposed to be what my original post was about.

Nicely said PurduePete, nicely said.. I agree that it was a gutsy prediction made by tkdwn2, but it was his opinion and should have been left at that. This is not the time to "nit pick" on a kid who (due to things he cannot control) is unable to wrestle. Like awood1 commented, anyone has a chance. You never know what someone is capable of unless you give them time to prove themselves. Unfortunately, Seth Collier was not given that option. I am glad to hear Seth is doing well, and bummed that I did not get to watch him continue his wrestling career through HS. Good luck to the Collier family.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.