Article: #MondayMatness with Steve Krah: Union City’s Daniels raises his game, heading to State Finals

By STEVE KRAH

stvkrh905@gmail.com

Bradin Daniels became the first Union City Junior/City wrestler to qualify for the IHSAA State Finals in a dozen years when the junior won the 126-pound title at the 2024 Fort Wayne Semi-State.

Before the Feb. 10 accomplishment, the last Indian to punch his ticket to the state tournament’s last stage was Kyle Walters at 160 in 2011-12, a season in which he want 40-4.

View full article

To this day, I can remember Bradin wrestling with my son in the CIA room on Sundays. The Daniels would drive him and Blayne over for practice. 

My son is several years older than Bradin, but Bradin always gave him fits. I can recall chuckling when my son would come over from a break saying something like 'He won't quit." To which my response was, "You're right, and you're going to need to beat him off with a stick."

Watching his final match on Saturday against Rowles (who is a headlock waiting to happen) reminded me of that. The kid does not give up.