Legendary Coaches

With the string of retirements/parting of ways in NFL and NCAA with Saban Carroll Belichek etc it had me thinking of Indiana wrestling and how much longer some of the greats have left.  Could be a huge hole left in Indiana wrestling in next five years.

Darrick Snyder--Mishawaka and Brownsburg  7 State Championship Teams, 6 runner up finishes.  Son is in 8th grade

Jim Tonte--Perry/Warren/Franklin  5 State Championships and 6 runner up finishes.  8th and 9th grade sons.

Sean McGinley--Cathedral 3 State titles, a junior McGinley on roster this year

Matt Schoettle--Perry Meridian  Multiple championships and runner ups

Sessa/Hawkins-Crown Point  Kids are sophomores

Obviously the list isn't everyone, but if we are drawing to a close on some of these legendary coaches we need to make sure we enjoy it.

Trent McCormick - Yorktown

His contribution to Indiana wrestling and the impact he had on his wrestlers underneath him on and off the mat is unparalleled.

Speaking from personal experience as a wrestler that was blessed enough to be invited to train under him and with his team, I was made to feel as one of his own. Amazing coach, amazing person. I couldn’t speak highly enough of him.