Spicy. Tom Brands calls out Iowa/Iowa State targeting

How widespread is this? 

This video is 🔥! https://www.flowrestling.org/video/11463115-tom-brands-believes-right-questions-arent-being-asked-surrounding-sports-gambling-investigation

Meanwhile college football players are allowed to take EA Sports money.  Ridiculous. 

Edited by Coplen187
Video

I watched it earlier. I don't know who did what, and I obviously can't answer Tom's question. Is does seem odd that if it (athletes wagering) is a major issue for the NCAA that they chose to come down on wrestlers, whom 99% of college sports fans have never heard of. I guess dropping the hammer on big name big money sport athletes might hit the revenue stream too hard. Also, I would bet (no pun intended) that Brands takes on a combative tone when simply ordering coffee. I've never met the man, but I think he intentionally makes people uncomfortable, probably so as to keep them at a distance. He makes me uncomfortable from here.

1 hour ago, Ahap88 said:

I watched it earlier. I don't know who did what, and I obviously can't answer Tom's question. Is does seem odd that if it (athletes wagering) is a major issue for the NCAA that they chose to come down on wrestlers, whom 99% of college sports fans have never heard of. I guess dropping the hammer on big name big money sport athletes might hit the revenue stream too hard. Also, I would bet (no pun intended) that Brands takes on a combative tone when simply ordering coffee. I've never met the man, but I think he intentionally makes people uncomfortable, probably so as to keep them at a distance. He makes me uncomfortable from here.

At Iowa they suspended athletes from football, men's basketball, men's track and field, and wrestling. At ISU it was football, track and field, and wrestling.

10 minutes ago, wrestlenewbie said:

At Iowa they suspended athletes from football, men's basketball, men's track and field, and wrestling. At ISU it was football, track and field, and wrestling.

I obviously did not know that. 

Brands isn't necessarily upset about wrestlers being targeted. He is upset that the state of Iowa is the only place it is happening. And that the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation decided that this was something that needed to be investigated while other states are simply ignoring it.

So the real question is, is the State of Iowa right in investigating college athletes or are the other states right to simply ignore it because they have bigger fish to fry? And thus leaving it to the NCAA to handle since it is their problem anyway.

The NCAA is on record as stating that sports gambling is a big problem among college athletes. But is it a problem that state judicial systems need to worry about?