I am sorry I can't root for TH South this year (long story but I think good)

rmckinney88

I moved back to Indiana about 5 years ago. I live in New Prairie territory, graduated from Gibson Southern, but lived in Terre Haute area through my freshman year. I discovered wrestling in 8th grade and in 1996 I went to the IHSAA wrestling finals to watch Gabe Cook win state. A few weeks later I met him at the YMCA when he was there to talk to the middle school clinic. The instructor thought it would be good for the kids to see a high school match. I got volunteered to wrestle the state champ as a 95 lb 3rd string freshman who had never won a match. He put on a clinic. John Barnett may have taught me to wrestle, but Gabe Cook taught me to love wrestling. Since I discovered that he was the current TH South coach, I have rooted for him and know that he will train champions. Unfortunately on Friday night, I will be in attendance rooting against him. My friend's son is Clayton Deutscher from New Prairie wrestling Alex Rose of TH South. I wish both Mr. Cook and Mr. Rose the best of luck in the future, but I am rooting against you on Friday.