Iran wrestling news

40 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

All time reffing display right there. They gave Mohsennejad no chance at parre terre. Whatever. But wtf was that passivity call in the second. Mohsennejad was clearly the more active wrestler AND was controlling the mat. It apparently doesn't matter though they wouldn't want to hurt the uzbekis feelings by giving both points to the same guy. Poor Mohsennejad...

If there is a TD on the feet in the match there is no “obligation” to offer passivity…

19 minutes ago, LJB said:

If there is a TD on the feet in the match there is no “obligation” to offer passivity…

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. There where no takedowns in the second. I was just saying Mohsennejad was controlling the mat yet he was called for passivity.

Big upsets this world ,  a new unknown  dagestani guy representing bahrain destroy snyder and sadulaev back to back.

Abbasghadzi magomedov losing ,i though he was untouchable.

Micic beating the best at 57 kg

Mirzazadeh defeating the all time great Riza kayalp

And finally rosillo beating aleksanyan.

3 minutes ago, danny rihani said:

Big upsets this world ,  a new unknown  dagestani guy representing bahrain destroy snyder and sadulaev back to back.

Don't forget the Kazakh at 92kg

6 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. There where no takedowns in the second. I was just saying Mohsennejad was controlling the mat yet he was called for passivity.

I might be confusing matches…

I’m a zombie right now…

9 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

Mohsennejad dismantles Gharibyan who teched Nazaryan yesterday and qualifies Iran for Olympics. After the pin last year and now this, can't help but feel bad for him. 

Wonder who end's up going to Olympics for us. Mohsennejad, Dadmarz, Mohammadi, Nejati and a few others. No clear leader imo.

Or maybe even Dalkhani 

55 minutes ago, danny rihani said:

74kg itself was wild. And musakaev running through otoguro rahman and mammedov.

Also all the things off the mat....been wild!

5 minutes ago, danny rihani said:

To grow the sport of wrestling Iran should host the next world Championship .  most passionate fans , you can only imagine the atmosphere.

Yes. If you can imagine Sarah Hildebrandt and Tsugumi in hijab, it is possible.

spacer.png

Of course, their coach must also pretend to be a woman while coaching.

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, FamileDoor said:

Yes. If you can imagine Sarah Hildebrandt and Tsugumi in hijab, it is possible.

spacer.png

Of course, their coach must also pretend to be a woman while coaching.

spacer.png

I don't care about women wrestling . MMA and other combat sports evolved quickly. Wrestling unfortunately not even the official site is a joke. Only fans and passion would evolve it and thats only possible in Iran. 

5 minutes ago, danny rihani said:

I don't care about women wrestling . MMA and other combat sports evolved quickly. Wrestling unfortunately not even the official site is a joke. Only fans and passion would evolve it and thats only possible in Iran. 

Fortunately UWW doesn't care about your opinions about women wrestling.

47 minutes ago, danny rihani said:

To grow the sport of wrestling Iran should host the next world Championship .  most passionate fans , you can only imagine the atmosphere.

The last time Iran hosted Worlds (FS) was 2002. 

There's no doubt Iran has the best wrestling fans in the world and holding Worlds in Iran would be huge for the sport. 

7 minutes ago, The Genius said:

The last time Iran hosted Worlds (FS) was 2002. 

There's no doubt Iran has the best wrestling fans in the world and holding Worlds in Iran would be huge for the sport. 

I wonder why though ,are you banned from hosting it? so iran the biggest and arguably best Wrestling nation didn't host the worlds for the last 20 years  ,