Central regionals

https://www.usawmembership.com/usaw_events/2200061902?section=event_eligibility

This is what I can find on the topic.

IT would be a shame that there are already a number of kids missing Prom to go to ISWA weigh-ins on a Friday night and I am not sure who idea it was to give them a 12 noon start time Saturday for FS but that was an opportunity missed to get more kids there by having it earlier and ending earlier Those kids that have a Saturday Prom cant do it either.  I wish schools had Proms earlier or these events could be pushed back a bit a few weeks but these are feeder events and it throws things way off.  Those sports that are in season at a high school can set up games or meets before the year. But Club stuff like ISWA does make it difficult and an athlete needs to make a decision. 

1 hour ago, buttler73 said:

https://www.usawmembership.com/usaw_events/2200061902?section=event_eligibility

This is what I can find on the topic.

IT would be a shame that there are already a number of kids missing Prom to go to ISWA weigh-ins on a Friday night and I am not sure who idea it was to give them a 12 noon start time Saturday for FS but that was an opportunity missed to get more kids there by having it earlier and ending earlier Those kids that have a Saturday Prom cant do it either.  I wish schools had Proms earlier or these events could be pushed back a bit a few weeks but these are feeder events and it throws things way off.  Those sports that are in season at a high school can set up games or meets before the year. But Club stuff like ISWA does make it difficult and an athlete needs to make a decision. 

Unfortunately it's impossible to plan around all proms. Pushing it back then runs in to Graduations. There's a lot of schools that have prom in April. I'm sure it varies on how a school decides their prom dates.  Now running the older age group earlier would help. I would say the ISWA should at least look into what they can do to eliminate the issue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.