Perry Meridian Cottey Weight Change

purdue02

Did the Perry Meridian weight changes help or hurt their overall team state score?  Looking at the Morton - Cottey switch I think even if Cottey wins 113, Morton will have a tough time placing at 120.  Whereas I think Morton has a good chance to place at 113 and Cottey would be top 3 for sure at 120.  I do not think the Cottey weight change effects their team score because I think he should win 132 or 152, and they did not bump out a state placer with moving him around.  Thoughts on if the Cottey weight change helps or hurts Perry's team score?

I think it ultimately helps, especially with two of Brownsburg’s heavy hitters out. Of course, they made this change before they went out, but it’s the best thing for the team overall as they have four potential champions at 106, 113, 152, and 182, and Morton aside, as long as they sneak in a medalist at 145, 170, or 220, if not all three, they could really take the crown downtown because as we’ve seen in years’ past, three or four finalists almost always ensures a top five finish, and some high placing medalists on the backside pushes you forward. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.