IN vs IL- top guy dual thoughts

bellrs

I was just skimming the "Chad Red in IL" thread and I got to thinking what a straight up champ vs champ dual might look like. I know we just had the senior dual but not everyone committed and it was limited to seniors so it is not a true example. I have to pull up the many classes of IL first to put a list together but I would like to see thoughts on what everyone thinks the outcome of the matches would be. IN against 3A, 2A, 1A.

For the record, in my opinion there is no debate on which state is better as a whole or when comparing depth. IL wins overall but we could give them some good matches.

Edited by bellrs

If we take strictly our top nationally ranked guy against their top nationally ranked guy at each weight, we would be favored in 6.  If you start to talk about moving guys around (like us moving Lee and Red), this actually benefits them more, because they have multiple weights with more than one top 10 or top 15 guy.  They could move guys around and do more to us than we could do to them.  As Mr. Hughes said, we could win 8 on the right day--but a more likely scenario is 5 or 6 if we both had access to any group of guys we wanted with bumping and moving around allowed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.