Mat Burns Pick-the-Champions Contest for 2015 WINNER

Matburns

Congratulations to Dave Stanton of Hebron for being the WINNER  of the 2015 Pick The Champions Contest sponsored by Mat Burns.  Dave was one of four people who correctly picked 13 winners: + P.J. Pedroza of Burns Harbor (near Portage) , Bruce Wood of Portland , and Jeff Heller of Decatur.  Dave & P.J. picked Penn to win. Dave picked 78.5 pts and P.J 74 pts for Penn. Close competition off the Mat as well as on.  Dave will receive 2 tickets to the 2016 STATE MEET.  Congratulations Dave, P.J., Bruce and Jeff.  Wow, 4 people with 13 winners!

Former Contest Champions did well. Jeff Parkinson (2006) had 3 entries with 12 winners, Mitchell Wilson (2003)-12 winners, Jim Hopkins (1988)- 11 winners, Stacy Shaneyfelt (1999)- 11 winners, Dane Fuelling (2008)-10 winners, Others with 12 winners were: John Bahorich, Rex "the Ref" Brewer, Eric McGill, Duke Myers, Jimmy Quiroz, Ty Razo, Eric Shepherd, Jon Wilcoxson, Mark Wilson, Trevor Wilson  Josh Wise, Tim & Allena Wilson, Thim Reed, and Brad Clark  Congratulations to all of the 103 wrestling fans who turned in an entry.  Some interested Media people: Hopkins and Brewer  listed already, I had 11 winners, AJ Kalver- 10 winners, Zac Ford- 9 winners, Steve Ford- 7 winners.

I would like to thank Mary Friedt of Decatur, Tim Creason of South Bend Tribune, and Jim Hopkins of the Decatur Democrat for the help they gave to complete this years Contest and the Champions Picture which we have been setting up every year since 1980.  And a thanks goes out to Kevin Whitehead for his announcements about the contest and getting your entries in  and  Jason Wille of the IHSAA for his help in arranging our use of the Main Concourse area for the Contest Entry Boxes location.   THANKS  TO  EVERYONE.

SEE  YOU  NEXT  YEAR for the 2016 Pick-The-Champions Contest.

-Richard Jay, editor 

Mat Burns Wrestling News and Information

e-mail at :  matburns83@yahoo.com

Edited by Matburns

Thanks. I think my 2 cents is now officially worth 2.5 cents. I'm hoping my crystal ball isn't clouded or broken next year! Thanks to all the folks who put together the previews and all the folks who comment here on the message boards. It always helps to know a little bit about the wrestlers that are out of the areas you are familiar with. Good luck to all next year.

Most importantly, good luck to all the wrestlers next year and thanks for all the excitement and sportsmanship you bring to Indiana!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.