2014 Junior Dual Roster Update

Below is Indiana's current roster for the 2014 Junior National Dual Championships in Oklahoma City, June 23-28.  This tournament is the official USAW national dual tournament and features the best of the best with states such as Pennsylvania, Illinois, California, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, New York, Florida, Washington, etc. in attendance ready to perform.  Last year one weight class alone featured 10 of the top 20 nationally ranked wrestlers - and two were on the same team.  It is the official precursor to the national championships in Fargo, undefeated wrestlers make the All-Dual Team as well as get bumped up in the national rankings, and is a great opportunity for guaranteed matches and experience against the country's best.

Freestyle                                                Greco

100 -  OPEN                                                OPEN

106 - David Bryant                                      David Bryant

113 - Karl Wilhelm                                        Karl Wilhelm

120 - Ben Cauffman                                    Noah Richardson

126 - Brock Hudkins                                    OPEN

132 - Brandon James                                  Sage Coy

138 - Deondre Wilson                                OPEN

145 - Jake Tucker                                        Stephen Kitko

152 - Matthew Ruddick                                Matthew Ruddick

160 - OPEN                                                  OPEN

170 - Scotty Sopko                                      Dylan Lydy

182 - OPEN                                                  OPEN

195 - OPEN                                                  OPEN

220 - Andre Porter                                      Andre Porter

285 - Shawn Streck                                    Shawn Streck

Disclaimer* Most openings are due to not hearing from the current ISWA State Champion in F&G yet so we are now moving on to filling the roster.  The list may be subject to change but if you are interested in filling an open position or have any questions/concerns, please contact Coach Erikson at 765.426.7072 or myself at 317.800.5369 for more information on how you can get involved with this great opportunity.  We look to take the most competitive team(s) and best representation of Indiana wrestling we can.

If you don't see a name on here that you feel belongs please let me or Coach Hull know and we will look into it. As Coach said the deadline for the number 1 place winner has passed and we are now looking to fill roster spots with 2nd and 3rd placers getting priority.

Disclaimer To be on this team you must have a current ISWA card, it is preferable that you have wrestled in an ISWA event or a USAW event if you have not met the above criteria.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Tom Erikson

Team Leader

I want to Thank everyone who has committed to filling the above roster, we look forward to a great trip in Oklahoma City.

In saying that your commitment to Team Indiana is only partially complete you must still fill out and send to me ALL COMPLETED FORMS and PAYMENT to officially secure your spot on this Team.

Contact info;

Tom Erikson

1710 Ashbury Ct.

West Lafayette, IN 47906

terik28901@aol.com

The selection will be over once we have filled the spots.  Literally.  Last year we had a tough time filling one weight in particular, as we had 3 guys commit and then drop out.  Fortunately we were able to fill the spot a day before we left for Oklahoma with Juwon Bartlett who, bless his heart, had never wrestled Freestyle a day in his life but was a state placing senior who was headed to college and wanted the experience.  Of course this is not ideal.  If it were up to me in particular I would almost have next year's team filled yesterday, but we have a selection process that aims to be as fair as possible.  Competing with Disney and VA presents a fair share of problems but it is what is.  As of right now we are getting closer to filling the roster as there is interest from all parts of Indiana, we just want to make sure we get the best possible candidate in there.  To those who have submitted your info we have your information and the selection committee has been reviewing applications daily.  Coach Erikson please correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe that after this weekend with Central Regionals we should be fairly close to completing the line-up if not having it  filled it all together.  Either way, it will be a great tournament and experience, and thanks to Indianamat for giving us all a platform to hash it out and bring awareness.  Still, if you are interested, please submit your info and a member of the selection committee will be contacting you soon.

Coach Hull is 100% correct in that we do have people who are interested in participating for Team Indiana. When I am contacted my immediate reply is to have them wrestle in the Central Regional that way we can take a look at them and get the best possible kids on the Team. If you haven't been called or emailed or even texted and want to be on this Team please do not wait contact myself, one of the duals coaches or even let your high school coach know and we will absolutely take a look at you and see if we can make it happen.

One of the requirements is that you must have a valid USA Wrestling Card.

Tom Erikson

team Leader Juniors

FYI: Robert Manns from Crawfordsville is planning on going for Greco at 195. He placed 2nd at Greco State. He said that he turned in the forms AT Greco State, but he probably has not paid yet. I know he was going to do some fundraising. He is also available and interested in Freestyle if you need him. He placed 5th in Freestyle.

You can contact me at cervin@cville.k12.in.us if you need any info or need to contact Robert.

Thanks!

Chris Ervin

Head Coach

Crawfordsville HS

2014 Junior Duals Roster

Freestyle                                                            Greco

100 -  OPEN                                              OPEN

106 - David Bryant  *                                    David Bryant *

113 - Karl Wilhelm  *                                  Karl Wilhelm *

120 – Ben Cauffman  *                                Noah Richardson ?

126 - Brock Hudkins                                    Jake Skaggs ?

132 - Brandon James *                                Sage Coy *

138 - Deondre Wilson  ?                              Devin Broukal  *

145 - Jake Tucker  *                                    Stephen Kitko *

152 – Mathew Ruddick *                 Mathew Ruddick *

160 - Tre Lynch                   Mathew Kelly

170 - have a possible

182 - Will Amberger                                        OPEN

195 - Tyler Scott    *                                      Robert Manns *

220 - Have found possibles for both styles                               

285 - Have found possible for both styles

As you can see there are a great many question marks on peoples names. If you see this and have not been in contact with ME, NOT your coach then you must do so.

Tom Erikson

Team Leader Juniors

terik28901@aol.com

P.S. the star after their name means that I have received some form of acknowledgement or payment

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.