Weigh in Friday night for ISWA tournament on Sunday?

91STATEQUALIFER

??? Turn out for tournament hurt by actually having to weigh in? Sounds like someone is afraid of not making weight or has not had to make weight previously (honor system). I believe this can bring out more wrestlers that have had to wrestler obviously bigger wrestlers that have manipulated the "honor system". If you were honest before what is the issue with having to actually weigh in?

I'm glad someone has common sense. Making the weight had nothing to do with it. If a kid is cutting a bunch of weight to weigh in Friday night , how much do you think they could put back on from Friday night to Sunday morning?  The point is weighing in Friday night is unnecessary & inconvenient for people that don't live around the corner from perry, franklin, brownsburg, & the other " official" weigh in sites. Look at the registered participants. The majority are from those schools or right around them. Did anyone noticed they had to extend the registration?  Wonder why? Perry has 150 kids registered for a tournament that has ALWAYS had 500-600. But I'm sure it's just me ranting. What do I know? Probably not much but I do know of at least 25 kids that are not participating because of this!

Yes I was going to bring some of my kids up that way then saw the Friday night weigh in.  To far of a drive twice over the weekend but it is always a great tourney and I am sure it will still draw a great group of kids from the indy area.

I certainly like the fact that some of the tournaments are going back to the weigh process. The honor system was pretty much a joke on what kids weighed in at. Being the little kids club coach, I would weigh our guys in the Thursday night before. Being how the parents would register their kids, most would still enter them in a different class that I weighed them in at. I would promptly notify the tournament directors of any wrong classes that I saw.

While it does pose a problem for those around the state for weigh-ins at a local tournament, I'm glad they are doing it. It would be nice if they had a morning option weigh in. With that comes problems with getting volunteers up at 6am on a Saturday/Sunday to weigh kids in and then work the tournament for the rest of the day. However with trackwrestling, you can get a couple people setup on computers in the weigh in room, if they make weight, great, they stay there. If they miss the weight class they signed up for, send them over to a person with a computer to update the brackets. Trackwrestling makes this much more convenient.

The issues with most tournaments though, once a parent sees a posted bracket, they believe it shouldn't and will not change, so if someone misses their class, it obviously changes things. I don't know how many times I've had parents run up, what happened to the bracket, my sons bout changed from 1005 to 1013.

Glad to have tournament hosted weigh ins. If we can get more clubs to provide local weigh ins, it certainly would help those 1 hours or plus away to get situated for the tournament.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.