Injury Default then Continue to Wrestle?

headlock83

Maybe this was already touched on in another thread, but I don't think it's fair for a wrestler to be able to injury default in the state tournament because his coaches know there is no way to win the match, then be allowed to wrestle in the following rounds.  I don't know all the facts concerning the kid that did this this weekend, but it didn't seem fair to all of the other young men that did take the mat pretty much knowing they were going to take a beat down because they were outmatched.

You summed it up perfectly with your own words, " I don't know all the facts..."

Yorktown is a storied program and to question their integrity is borderline comical.  Coaches make decisions all the time to protect their wrestlers.  This is just me speculating but Cael probably had a nagging injury and there was no point in aggravating it even more against the NATIONs #1 126lber.  He ended up getting 6th by the way

You summed it up perfectly with your own words, " I don't know all the facts..."

Yorktown is a storied program and to question their integrity is borderline comical.  Coaches make decisions all the time to protect their wrestlers.  This is just me speculating but Cael probably had a nagging injury and there was no point in aggravating it even more against the NATIONs #1 126lber.  He ended up getting 6th by the way

I didn't attack anyone's integrity.  I simply stated what I saw.  I saw a lot of young men with nagging injuries go out and take their lumps.  All I am really saying is it shouldn't come down to "I 'm too hurt for you , but not this guy?"  It was a strategic move and I get it.  I have nothing against Yorktown or their coaches.  They conducted themselves very well, and I have no idea how such a small school can produce such talent year after year.  Congratulations Yorktown.  Still doesn't change what I was talking about.

I didn't attack anyone's integrity.  I simply stated what I saw.  I saw a lot of young men with nagging injuries go out and take their lumps.  All I am really saying is it shouldn't come down to "I 'm too hurt for you , but not this guy?"  It was a strategic move and I get it.  I have nothing against Yorktown or their coaches.  They conducted themselves very well, and I have no idea how such a small school can produce such talent year after year.  Congratulations Yorktown.  Still doesn't change what I was talking about.

Um, maybe because thewy have coaches that look out for the best interest of their kids and dont care what people on a message board have to say about it. They did what was best for their kid, period, that is what they always do, and that is why the year after year bring a large number of guys to state that end up placing.

So, McCormick is hurt but not injured enough to default out of the tournament,  and you think he should just take 8th, or wrestle micic and risk getting seriously injured do to Micic's offense. I was annoyed when I saw the forfeit but when I heard why, it was the right thing to do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.