Top 8 this weekend

Extra6

106- Konrath, Reitz, Bailey, White, Egli, Hilderbrant, Cummings, Long (This weight class is crazy could see anybody from 1-7 winning it)

113- Smith, Ferg, Crary, Garza, Pepple, Turner, Eliott, Holmes (Smith in dominating fashion)

120- Red, Sinko, Glogouski, Knapp, Lahue, Hudkins, Schermer, McKinney (Loaded weight after Red)

126- Micic, Davis, Lee, Early, Chastain, McCormick, Molloy, Belden (Micic vs Lee in the semis will be fireworks. Chastain or Early could upset Davis, im just going with the kid that been there down that)

132- Wilson, James, Broukal, Davis, Carithers, Hesch, Campbell, Lovejoy (Top 2 set themselves apart from the field. Finals match will be awesome I just think Wilson wins again cuz he can score when he needs to. After the top 2 the placement matches will be fun to watch).

138- Lykins, Hughes, Cash, Krumlauf, Covaciu, Fleener, Pruitt, Seng (Ill take the senior he is just a goer and finds ways to win tight matches, the finals match will be awesome. Cash vs Hughes I think Hughes dominates. Saturday morning match between Lykins and Covaciu could be a great match)

145- Forte, LeCount, Schober, Loe, Harvery, Rentas, Karges, Arney (Top 2 set themselves a part from the field. I think Tommy wins the rematch itll be a great one. Tough draw for Harvey as he is the 3rd best in this weight. Placement matches from 3-8 will be good)

152- Carroll, Kelly, Macri, Brown, Schurg, Carlson, Stelle, Ferg (Top 3 will be fun to watch. Tough draw for Schurg he wanted Brown Saturday morning. I think Carroll wins the rematch in a very crazy match with a lot of scrambles)

160- Corsaro, Hiestand, Hughes, Mammolenti, Borta, Kemper, Koontz, Johnson (Corsaro finaaly gets his title. Hiestand vs Borta Saturday morning will be good I think Hiestand finally wins one. Just don't see Mammolenti beating Vinny)

170- Stevenson, Osborn, Scott, Jackson, Rickenbaugh, Bates, Johnson, Wilson (Stevenson wins a high scoring match in finals. Rickenbaugh vs Scott will be a good one Saturday morning)

182- Rypel, Chambers, Petrole, Jankowski, Hinkle, Morales, Wiseman, Howard-Anderson (Most wide open weight I think. Rypel with the most impressive season so ill go with him. Chambers is very very good after watching him last weekend. Petrole has a tough tough Friday night match)

195- Scott, Johnson, Moss, Wagner, Woods, Omar, Kral, Sandlin (Loaded weight from top to bottom I could see about anybody in the top 8 winning this weekend. Scott has been very very good as of late so he gets the nod. Havent seen Johnson wrestle at all but from what I hear he is very tough)

220- Robinson, Miller, Tolley, Faulkenburg, Vaughn, Joest, Meyer, Larson (Semi final matches should be great. I don't see anybody beating Robinson but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. Tolley vs Miller should be a good one)

285- Streck, Oglesby, Bernard, Hemmelgarn, Henson, Beeson, Tradwick, Jolley-Little (Call me crazy but I believe in Streck. Kind of going out on a limb here. It could easily be Wes vs Hemmelgarn in finals)

106: Paul Konrath, Will Egli, Breyden Bailey, Alec White, Drew Hildebrandt, Jeremiah Reitz, Colton Cummings, Kyle Hatch

-Like Extra6 said, 1-7 can go pretty much any way depending on who is having the best day. From what I've seen, Konrath is very quick and smart. It's his to lose. And despite having 4 losses all to kids in this bracket, I still think Hildebrant is an upset alert.

113: DJ Smith, Garrett Pepple, Jason Crary, Michael Garza, Tyler Ferguson, Skylour Turner, Cornelius Elliot, Austin Holmes

-Pepple caught fire at state last year and looked great at semi-state. I see him getting passed Ferguson in a close one and having a toss-up with DJ Smith, which I'll give to Smith based on experience and the fact that he has yet to really be tested this year.

120: Chad Red, Forrest Glogouski, Jake Sinkovics, Connor Knapp, Bailey LaHue, Brock Hudkins, Matt McKinney, Griffin Schermer

-This weight class is scary. Red is the clear favorite, but this weight class is still loaded and I wouldn't put LaHue, Glogouski,Knapp,  Sinkovics, or Hudkins out of the question for an upset. Glogouski and Sinkovics could be an amazing semi-finals match that I'm hoping for.

126: Stevan Micic, Zack Davis, Nick Lee, Erique Early, Jack Chastain, Cael McCormick, Elliot Molloy, Tony Vaughn

-Micic and Lee are basically the main reason everyone is looking forward to the state finals this weekend. I'd love to see Lee pull out an upset, but I think Micic's age and experience will be too much. On the other side of the bracket, Early is very quick and great on his feet. We might see Davis get upset.

132: Deondre Wilson, Brandon James, Devin Broukal, Josh Davis, Sam Lovejoy, Logan Campbell, Seth Carithers, Clayton Moore

-It's tough to beat someone good 3 times in a row, but James has been better on his feet the last two matches and can wrestle with intensity all the way through. Another very close match between these two.

138: Drew Hughes, Jacob Covaciu, Tommy Cash, Zach Krumlauf, Skyler Lykins, Tyler Fleener, Trent Pruitt, Derek Ellinger

-After seeing Drew at the Al Smith earlier this year, he is a beast. I think he becomes a 3xer. Jacob Covaciu has really come on strong as the season went on, so I see him being on upset alert for Lykins in round 2.

145: Tommy Forte, Cody LeCount, Evan Loe, Bailey Schober, Ben Harvey, Isaac Rentas, Jordan Lile, Jake Sebahar

-Good rematch here. At the time of the first match, Forte had only recently returned from injury and kept it very close. Now that both are at 100%(to my knowledge) it will probably be a better match than the first. I see Forte pulling out a close one.... And sadly due to bad draws, the 3rd place match will actually be wrestling in the 5th place match.

152: Tristan Macri, Chandler Carroll, Brendon Kelley, Chance Brown, Darden Schurg, Eli Carlson, Willie Armstrong, Michael Steele

-One of the best top 3's in the state. Macri is very solid on his feet and has the best shot at fending off Kelley's scrambling. Carroll vs. Macri/Kelley will be an awesome, likely low scoring match and whoever wins this weight class is very deserving.

160: Vinny Corsaro, Kenny Hughes, Joey Mammolenti, Nick Borta, Rhett Hiestand, Kyle Jolas, Jordan Partee, Bryce Baumgartner

-Corsaro should dominate this weight class. The only person I can see giving him a good match at this point is Joey Mammolenti, who is red hot right now.

170: Jacob Stevenson, Chase Osborn, Jeff Scott, Dillon Jackson, Jake Rickenbaugh, Michael Bates, Tristan Wilson, Greg Johnson

-This is pretty wide open. Osborn, Scott, and Stevenson have had very impressive seasons, as well Rickenbaugh and Gonzales who had close loses at semi-state. It could likely go to any of those 5, with a possibility of Dillon Jackson as well.

182: Blake Rypel,  Ryan Jankowski, Damien Chambers, Corey Hinkle, Jeff Wiseman, Jonathan Morales, Tim Schoonveld, Nathan Warman

-While Rypel has been the front runner all year, Chambers, Hinkle, and Jankowski have also been in title contention. Throw in Jeff Wiseman who is coming off a huge win over #3 ranked Eldridge(and has some pretty good practice partners to get him prepared), and this could be another toss-up weight.

195: Tieshawn Johnson, Kanez Omar, Kobe Woods, Katrell Moss, Tyler Scott, Morgan Kral, Brian Wagner, Mitchell Sandlin

-Complete shot in the dark. The 1-8 could go just about any way conceivable. Pulling for Tieshawn.

220: Fletcher Miller, Gelen Robinson, Conner Tolley, Dylan Faulkenburg, Seth Vaughn, Eliseo Guerra, Brandon Joest, Seth Meyer

-Many will disagree with this, and it may not be my smartest pick, but I think Miller will pull off the upset. Gelen is possibly the best athlete in the nation, but Miller has had a great season to his own right and could pull it out.

285: Wesley Bernard, Eric Hemmelgarn, Shawn Streck, Norman Oglesby, Gavan Jolley-Little, John Duvall, Tyler Beeson, Guy Henson

-Streck and Hemmelgarn could beat Wesley, but he's been so close before that I can't see him not winning his senior year.

1st- Breydan Bailey Cathedral

2nd- Will Egli Evansville Mater Dei

3rd- Paul Konrath Mt Vernon

4th- Lukas Long Lakeland

5th- Jeremiah Reitz Griffith

6th- Drew Hildebrandt Penn

7th- Alec White New Palestine

8th- Hunter Langeloh Columbia City

1st- Garrett Pepple East Noble

2nd- DJ Smith Franklin

3rd- Jason Crary Munster

4th- Michael Garza Merrillville

5th- Tyler Ferguson Evansville FJ Reitz

6th- Eddie Loraine Leo

7th- Cornelious Elliot Perry Meridian

8th- Jon Becker Belmont

1st- Chad Red New Palestine

2nd- Forrest Glougoski Fairfield

3rd- Connor Knapp East Noble

4th- Jake Sincovics Mishawaka

5th- Bailey LaHue Cordyon Central

6th- Brock Hudkins Danville

7th- DeLawrence Gayfield Concord

8th- Griffin Schermer Bloomington South

1st- Stevan Micic Hanover Central

2nd- Zach Davis Penn

3rd- Nick Lee Evansville Mater Dei

4th- Erique Early Snider

5th- Carl McCormick Yorktown

6th- Jack Chastain Hamilton Southeastern

7th- Elliot Malloy Danville

8th- AJ Belden Westfield

1st- Deondre Wilson Warren Central

2nd- Brandon James Perry Meridian

3rd-  Devin Broukal Bloomington South

4th- Seth Carithers McCutcheon

5th- Logan Campbell Yorktown

6th- Sam Lovejoy Heritage

7th- Josh Davis Evansville FJ Reitz

8th- Clayton Moore Manchester

1st- Tommy Cash Lawrence North

2nd- Skylar Lykins Franklin

3rd- Drew Hughes Lowell

4th- Zachary Krumlauf DeKalb

5th- Jacob Covaciu Merrillville

6th- Tyler Fleener Center Grove

7th- Trent Pruitt Warren Central

1st- Tommy Forte Mishawaka

2nd- Cody LeCount Perry Meridian

3rd- Evan Loe Peru

4th- Bailey Schober Greenfield

5th- Ben Harvey Cathedral

6th- Alex Arney Carroll

7th- Jordan Lile Fishers

8th- Logan Neher Belmont

1st- Chandler Carroll Yorktown

2nd- Brendan Kelly Evansville Central

3rd- Tristan Macri Mishawaka

4th- Chance Brown Southmont

5th- Darden Schurg Crown Point

6th- Chad Gaddis Kokomo

7th- Tyler Wilms Fremont

8th- Seth Ferguson Martinsville

1st- Vinny Corsaro Cathedral

2nd- Rhett Hiestand Yorktown

3rd- Kenny Hughes Lowell

4th- Joeseph Mammolenti Penn

5th- Nick Borta North Montgomery

6th- Kyle Jolas Huntington North

7th- Jordan Partee Madison

8th- Bryce Baumgartner Belmont

1st- Jacob Stevenson Franklin

2nd- Jake Rickenbaugh Heritage Hills

3rd- Jeff Scott Clinton Central

4th- Dillon Jackson Yorktown

5th- Chase Osborn Penn

6th- Kaine Luginbill Adams Central

7th- Greg Johnson Arsenal Tech

8th- Tristan Wilson Carroll

1st- Blake Rypel Cathedral

2nd- Damian Chambers Edgewood

3rd- Corey Hinkle Western

4th- Ryan Jankowski South Bend St Joseph

5th- Michael Petrole Franklin

6th- Nathan Warman Perry Meridian

7th- Jeff Wiseman Penn

8th- Jonathan Morales Western Boone

1st- Tieshawn Johnson Elkhart Memorial

2nd- Kanez Omar FW Wayne

3rd-  Dakota Thacker Bloomington South

4th- Katrell Moss Warren Central

5th- Morgan Kral Crown Point

6th- Tyler Scott Hanover Central

7th- Brian Wagner New Palestine

8th- Mitchell Sandlin Madison

1st- Gelen Robinson Lake Central

2nd- Fletcher Miller Kokomo

3rd- Connor Tolley Franklin

4th- Dylan Faulkenberg Indianapolis Cardinal Ritter

5th- Seth Vaughn Franklin Central

6th- Brandon Joest East Noble

7th- Eliseo Guerra Elkhart Central

8th- Seth Meyer Harrison

1st- Eric Hemmelgarn Jay County

2nd- Wesley Bernard Cathedral

3rd- Shawn Streck Merriville

4th- Norman Oglesby Ben Davis

5th- Tyler Beeson Greenfield Central

6th- Darrius Connell Muncie Central

7th- John Duvall West Lafayette

8th- Guy Henson Avon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.