Castle Regional

Cmm106

These are only guesses as we won't know weight classes for some of these wrestlers until the season begins, but here is an attempt.  I also must confess, I am an SIAC guy and don't know much about the schools outside of our conference.  I'm not trying to slight anyone here, I just don't have a whole lot to go on.  I'm sure someone else out there knows a lot more than I do.

106: Egli (MD) will be the favorite I would think with Konrath from Mt. Vernon not far behind, if he is behind at all.  Beyond these two I'm not sure as 106 doesn't normally have many returning wrestlers.

113: Brown (Castle) and Ferguson (Reitz) would be the favorites as long as both can get there with their weights.  McNett from Harrison should be top 4 along with whoever MD has in that spot.  I think Mt. Vernon also has a very good incoming freshman that may fill that weight, but his name escapes me right now.

120: Not sure here either.  Ferguson if he doesn't make 113 will be up there and MD will have a number of guys (Johnson, Lehman, Schwiezer) fighting for this spot I would guess.  Mt. Vernon will have a solid entry (probably Keller) also.  Is Hunter Arney still at Memorial?  If so, he may will be near the top as well.  Any of the MD guys could win it, but who knows who will make weight and win the spot.

126: Nick Lee (MD) has to be the favorite, with Suar (MV) a distant second.  I don't know who Memorial has here, but I think they have some quality kids around this weight.  Once again, I don't know a whole lot on this one right now.

132: MD will have several guys fighting for this spot whoever wins it might be considered the favorite with Josh Davis from Reitz.  I think Boonville will have a good wrestler here.  Not sure who Reitz will have and once again, Memorial may have a quality wrestler here.  I would say this one is wide open.

138: Karges from Princeton is a beast who ran into some tough luck last year at a very good weight class.  He might be your favorite along with Todrank from Reitz.  I'm sure MD will have someone here to challenge him.  You may also have Charlie Allen from Boonville and Patrick Schnell from Castle here if they haven't grown much and don't move up. 

145:  Big question here is will Kemper or Kelley from Central wrestle here or will they both be heavier.  I have heard Kelley plans to wrestle 152 and someone reported on here a while back that Kemper was up to about 180.  If neither one of them wrestle here you would have to go with Schnell (Castle), Allen (Boonville), Mater Dei or possibly Memorial if Petrig falls here again.  Right now this is anybody's guess.

152: Again, Kelley (Central) has to be the favorite if he is here.  After Kelley, you would have to think Weinzapfel (MD), Petrig (Memorial) or Riegel (Reitz) will be in the mix.

160: If Kemper is here he should be considered the favorite, followed by Forzley (MD).  Shane Martin from North Posey will be a solid entry here as well.  Beyond these three I'm not familiar with enough of the other teams to make an educated guess.

170:  Tyler Stotlar of Memorial may be the favorite.  I'm sure Heritage Hills will have someone solid here, they seem to be very strong up top every year.  Sam Bassmier (MD) will be solid as well.

182: Konderding (HH)  will be the favorite hands down.  If Bassmier isn't at 170 he may meet Konerding in the finals.

195 through Heavy:  I have no clue.  I'm sure Heritage Hills will have a couple of solid guys here as will Memorial and probably MD.  The heavy from Harrison will probably be the favorite there.

Like I said at the start, I hope I didn't miss anyone obvious, but it's early and I may have.  Also if I've overlooked someone outside of the SIAC I'm sorry, but I'm just not as familiar with those schools.  Castle Regional should be fairly strong again this year. 

106- I thought Konrath moved( may be wrong). Great battle with he and Egli

113-132 is stacked with studs and yes Arney is still at Memorial.

I believe that 126 is a lock with Lee(EMD).

145- is a toss up. You have Schnell?, Petrig? Farmer? And a couple others that I can't quite remember.

152- should be Kelley hands down unless he goes lower and then still same results.

160- not sure at this time

170- I say look out for Stotlar

182- HHS I think

195- potentially Blake Blown

220- Barnes of Memorial looking good

Hwt- freshman phenom from Harrison last year may be the guy to beat his sophomore year

That's just a guess and sure I missed a few. Is Rickenbaugh  a Sr. This yr?

145- is a toss up. You have Schnell?, Petrig? Farmer? And a couple others that I can't quite remember.

152- should be Kelley hands down unless he goes lower and then still same results.

182- HHS I think

Hwt- freshman phenom from Harrison last year may be the guy to beat his sophomore year

I think egli will have an easy victory at 106 over konrath not because of talent, but size. Konrath wrestled 95 last year while Egli is larger and cuts to 106, but i cant say that yet because konrath is amazing on his feet. Also at 182 are you saying Harrison or herritage hills?

182- HHS I think

Yes Rickenbaugh is a senior

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.