New Freestyle and Greco Rules Implemented IMMEDIATELY in USAW

Y2CJ41

Just got pretty good word that the new rules will be implemented for the remaining events on USAW's schedule with the only exceptions being possibly the regionals being held this weekend.  This means Schoolboy, Cadet and Junior Duals, and all the national championships will be using these rules.  They are working on a few tweaks to the rules and will have an official statement in the next few days.  So if you are training for these events start working with using these rules.

Here is a link from TheMat

http://themat.com/section.php?section_id=3&page=showarticle&ArticleID=26497#.UZz4pQRr2J4

Not sure how I feel about this one.  On one hand I am happy they are making some changes that I feel will help bring some life back into the sport, and could help the better all around wrestlers advance in these events.  But, on the other hand those who qualified for these events did so under the old rules, yet if the new rules were in place for those events some other wrestlers may have qualified instead.  The good news moving forward is at least we have enough warning about the rules change to prepare our guys to adapt to the new rules before these events.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.