Dave Shultz Tournament-Tsirtsis

Bruschi

Jason Tsirtsis is wrestling today in one of the toughest International tournaments in the US.  He drew the #2 Seed Kevin Levalley.  It was a good match he should have won the first period but gave a late takedown and lost 2-3, 2-1, 0-1.  He then beat an International freestyle veteran from Canada 3-0, 3-1 with a last second takedown in the 2nd with exposure.  Then beat Brandon Radar 7-4, 5-0.  He wrestles Kellen Russell two NCAA champ next match (Russell and Alex Tsirtsis had a great big ten match a few years back in TB2).  The matches are on

http://www.themat.tv/2013/01/2013-dave-schultz-memorial-international-freestyle-session-2/

at 5:00 central.  

Tough tournament and Jason looked real good this morning.  Some really good international and US wrestlers at 145.

Reece Humphrey in the finals at 132 against Devon Carter

Russell 3-0, 2-0  Tsirtsis couldn't quite find a way to get in deep on his shots and Russell found scores off countering.  

Jason has wrestled some of the Nations Elite wrestlers in the last 12 months, he is competing with all of them I am excited for the next 4 yrs of college and the 2016 Olympics, I think all this experience now will give him the edge over all the other current college wrestlers and even some of the Veterans I am really hoping Jason stays healthy through college and is able to make a run at the 2016 OTT and in Rio

You right I thought Reece won, but he lost in semi's.  Devon Carter at 132 will be a junior at VT next year.  He wrestled a great tournament.  Tsirtsis looked good this morning.  He was the aggressor in Russell match but was countered pretty easy and was never close to scoring.  Tough tournament.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.