113# Lukaszka (BC)

120# Alderman (D)

126# Bailey (H)

132# Atkinson (BC)

138# Leonard (CA)

145# Madison (D)

152# Mote (D)

160# Hancock (CA)

170# Is a toss up Everyone has beat each other!

182# Edmonds (Wl)

195# Ricks (BC)

220# Houston

HWT. Duvall (WL)  Delphi kid had him on his back at conference.

Based on what has happened this year.

106# Davis (H)

113# Lukaszka (BC)

120# Alderman (D)

126# Bailey (H)

132# Atkinson (BC)

138# Leonard (CA)

145# Madison (D)

152# Mote (D)

160# Hancock (CA)

182# Edmonds (Wl)

195# Ricks (BC)

220# Houston

@ 132 Atkinson has beat Carithers this year?

106# Davis (H)

113# Lukaszka (BC)

120# Alderman (D)

126# Bailey (H)

132# Atkinson (BC)

138# Leonard (CA)

145# Madison (D)

152# Mote (D)

160# Hancock (CA)

182# Edmonds (Wl)

195# Ricks (BC)

220# Houston

I'll take madrano over Hancock at 160 if madrano is healthy

Who r Hancocks losses too?

106# Davis (H)

113# Lukaszka (BC)

120# Alderman (D)

126# Bailey (H)

132# Atkinson (BC)

138# Leonard (CA)

145# Madison (D)

152# Mote (D)

160# Hancock (CA)

182# Edmonds (Wl)

195# Ricks (BC)

220# Houston

182 Edmonds WL has he been there all season? Did he wrestle 182 at the Crawfordsville invite? The WL wrestler placed 5th but I can't remember the name. Jw

I heard Carithers was going to forfiet in the finals also.  I put down hancock because he's healthy. ( don't know his losses). I remember him from Jeff tourney this year he looked solid!

Someone said the TL 160 beat him at the TL super 16, Idk if this is true or not. Twin lakes 160 is pretty solid, Hileman #1, TL kid & NN. Kid not bad wrestlers at all, I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 of 4 regional finishers come  from TL sectional, no dis respect TL sectional is just deep at 160,

That is if TL kid did  really did beat Carrol kid who is #1 seed here, but wrestling is s wild sport, lots of upsets can occur It's all about who shows up on that given day!

Someone said the TL 160 beat him at the TL super 16, Idk if this is true or not. Twin lakes 160 is pretty solid, Hileman #1, TL kid & NN. Kid not bad wrestlers at all, I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 of 4 regional finishers come  from TL sectional, no dis respect TL sectional is just deep at 160,

That is if TL kid did  really did beat Carrol kid who is #1 seed here, but wrestling is s wild sport, lots of upsets can occur It's all about who shows up on that given day!

Why dont you just worry about your sectionals which is twin lakes and not lafayette jeff right now! You dont know anything!

Thank you!

DevilDog,  I agree it is about who shows up on the big day and anyone can win!  I appreciate other people being as excited as we are about our sectional!  Twin lakes sectional looks to be tough as usual so it will be great to see everyone together at logansport!

Why dont you just worry about your sectionals which is twin lakes and not lafayette jeff right now! You dont know anything!

Thank you!

I don't know anything? I would disagree, I'm a very big wrestling fan & have been following the sport since 6th grade when I joined the wrestling team. I've also been a member here on Indianamat since the first yr it was created. As a fan I enjoy discussing matchups & making predictions on who the better wrestler is or who will win a certain matchup

I follow the Jeff sectional closely, NW wrestlers & all TL sectional wrestlers will wrestling Your top 4 in the regional so as a fan & a coach it is nice to see who the potential matchups will be, to predict matches & make educated selections.

It's not aby of our wrestlers goal to make it to regionals & be satisfied, we want to take the entire team to Merrilville & beyond!  I am not & none of our wrestlers are over looking the

l sectional, we have to get out there first before we discuss regional matchups, but I have always likedvto look ahead, see matchups & predict outcomes for our wrestlers from NW & the TL sectional

Ha so u can relax bud

I don't think you can leave WL and MCC in the finals out the question. MCC has shown he can be dominate when healthy and WL started off strong and has been inconsistent. If the CA kid lost to TL then WL is definitely not out of the equation, he only lost to TL 6-8 with an injury at conference. WL also majored DP at their home dual and lost by 1 at conference. 160 is going to be dictated by who shows up ready to compete. As for the other weight classes.

106# Davis

113#

120# Alderman

126# Bailey

132# Carithers- Unless he forfeits as formentioned

138# Roetker

145# Vanmeter This weight will be interesting, it will be a showdown of the conference from last year which it went into over time if I remember correctly. But WL's 45 has come a long way since last year

152# This ones a toss up between the top 3. Whoever shows up ready to go will take the sectional.

160#Medrano- If healthy, otherwise a toss up

170# Doty Only loss in the sectional is to Delphi and that was the worse match he has wrestled from what I've seen.

182# Edmonds As long as he doesnt put himself in stupid situations like he has in the past

195# Ricks- No doubt

220# Meyers

HWT. Duvall- No one will give him a match until the semistate

I don't think you can leave WL and MCC in the finals out the question. MCC has shown he can be dominate when healthy and WL started off strong and has been inconsistent. If the CA kid lost to TL then WL is definitely not out of the equation, he only lost to TL 6-8 with an injury at conference. WL also majored DP at their home dual and lost by 1 at conference. 160 is going to be dictated by who shows up ready to compete. As for the other weight classes.

WL wrestler was pinned in first period by Hileman N after Hileman was seeded 3 & WL 1 at crawfordsville, the TL 160 did beat WL at conference & I believe he is the better wrestler, I also believe NN 160 is better then WL.

Madrano us my pick to win here, then Carrol, then maybe WL

that being said I'll make my regional picks now

1 Hileman

2. Winner of Madrano vs #2 from TL prolly NN but not be surprised to see TL upset NN in semis at sectional & finish #2

3. Either NN or TL

4. either NN or TL

I believe top 3 at TL are better then 2-4 at Jeff sectional, having not seen Carrol wrestle only hearing he lost to TL 160

Saturday Will be fun, I can't wait to see how it shskest out all I know is I'm excited for these next 2 weeks of wrestling, Logan regional is always fun

What makes you think carithers beats atkinson?  Did Carithers wrestle this summer? (nope) Did atkinson yep! Went to fargo, wrestled at greco state and place!  I thought the kids that worked all season usually won in this sport? If I remember right carithers has been beat by alec weise from bc and that is why he always ened up 3rd at regionals. Justin owned alec in the room and will probably own Carithers!  I.M.O

I don't know anything? I would disagree, I'm a very big wrestling fan & have been following the sport since 6th grade when I joined the wrestling team. I've also been a member here on Indianamat since the first yr it was created. As a fan I enjoy discussing matchups & making predictions on who the better wrestler is or who will win a certain matchup

I follow the Jeff sectional closely, NW wrestlers & all TL sectional wrestlers will wrestling Your top 4 in the regional so as a fan & a coach it is nice to see who the potential matchups will be, to predict matches & make educated selections.

It's not aby of our wrestlers goal to make it to regionals & be satisfied, we want to take the entire team to Merrilville & beyond!  I am not & none of our wrestlers are over looking the

l sectional, we have to get out there first before we discuss regional matchups, but I have always likedvto look ahead, see matchups & predict outcomes for our wrestlers from NW & the TL sectional

Ha so u can relax bud

Whats wrong with following both sectionals.   There's a lot of schools with some regional connections and its just natural to compare.    You're right, someone needs to relax.

My 10 thoughts on the Jeff sectional.

1. Harrison narrowly edges out Delphi for team.

2. Probably only two guys  in sectional with firepower to place at State ( Ricks and Duvall).   And Duvall is a question mark?  I don't think he's been tested from top notch competition.  Ricks is the real deal.

3. 145 and 170 are deep and wide open.  Anybody could win these two weights.   I think winner of Vasquez Madison match will be the winner at 145, (is Vasquez healthy).  

4.  Leonard is undefeated at 138, but won't be after this weekend. Roetker is too much for him.

5.  Hancock vs Medrano looks like a good match.   Medrano probably favored but sure has had bad luck with health this year.  Will it continue.

6.  Will Carithers be able to recover from an appenicitis.  Another question mark.

7.  Houston vs Myer is a fun rematch that went overtime the first time.   I think Myer figures a way to take down  Houston.

8. Benton Central for third team, West Lafayette fourth.

9.  Besides Ricks and Duvall- Next best chance at Potential state qualifiers if the ball bounces right (Davis? Alderman? Lukaszka?

10.  152 is also a deep weight class, but Mote wins.

Bonus:

106-Davis

113-Lukaszka

120-Alderman

126-Bailey

132 -Atkinson- (if Carrither forfiets)

138-Roetker

145-Vaszquez

152-Mote

160-Hancock

170-Doty

182-Edmunds

195-Ricks (Stone Cold Lock)

220-Myer

285-Duvall

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.