More matches for JV Kids( Exhibitions at Super duels)

jchas

I was wondering why coaches don't have 1 mat at all of their super duels just for

exhibitions.  Seems like an easy thing to do.  The mat could even be in another room

if they don't have space in the gym.  Seems crazy to me not to have exhibitions going on all day.

I was wondering why coaches don't have 1 mat at all of their super duels just for

exhibitions.  Seems like an easy thing to do.  The mat could even be in another room

if they don't have space in the gym.  Seems crazy to me not to have exhibitions going on all day.

i agree. most jv kids seem to never get on the mat. they dont care if its not a varsity match, they just want to compete and have theri family cheering them on. i have never understood why that doesnt happen. isnt mat time/competing where you learn the best?

Penn High School does this very thing each year at their Super Dual in December.

For each round of duals, whichever meet finishes first becomes the "exhibition mat." Coaches match-up "JV" (they're actually high-quality wrestlers, but second string to the varsity wrestlers) ahead of time, and they get in a few extra matches in the downtime between when the first and last duals end.

Throughout the day, I'd say about 50 kids get in quality matches with time otherwise spent sitting on their butts.

Penn High School does this very thing each year at their Super Dual in December.

For each round of duals, whichever meet finishes first becomes the "exhibition mat." Coaches match-up "JV" (they're actually high-quality wrestlers, but second string to the varsity wrestlers) ahead of time, and they get in a few extra matches in the downtime between when the first and last duals end.

Throughout the day, I'd say about 50 kids get in quality matches with time otherwise spent sitting on their butts.

That's awesome. In sure its appreciated too. Good job!

I know that some don't have enough mats.  But many do.  With

the way the Super duels have taken over.  This seams to be one of the

best ways for JV guys to get matches.  Either that or the whole

Varsity 2 squads and so many of you love.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.