scoring the semi state

Thornton

while I am on the subject, I might as well ask about the semi state. I see no reason not to score the entire tournament. The reason for scoring the sectional from the quarters on is because luck of the draw/forfeits/# of teams is a factor there. At the semi state, these are not as germane. Each semi state has the same number of participants, so it should be scored from the beginning. If this is true, then the scoring would be similar to the regional, except there would be an extra round and placement scoring would not occur until you get through the 2nd round. Scoring the state tourney will be easy, since it has been done to acknowledge the "Coach's Trophy" winner these past 17? years and for all of the years previous to the team state.

From the Winter Bulletin it sounds like the first round will not count for scoring

http://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/quick%20resources/Winter%20Bulletin.pdf

Page 62

Under VII

Scoring

Individual and team scoring shall be decided according to Rule 9 in the current Wrestling Rules. Six places shall be awarded at the sectional. CONTINUING FROM 2009‐10 ? Team scoring in the sectional shall begin at the quarter‐finals level and not before. Only six places shall be awarded at the regional and semi‐state levels. Scoring at the Regional and Semi‐State level will begin at the round of eight.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.