A Bunch of Old Delta Guys in One Gym!

Coach McCormick

I stopped in this past Sunday to watch some elementary wrestling in the Yorktown gymnasium.  To my surprise there were 6 Delta wrestling grads who were coaching a team and/or their sons at the event.  It was nice to visit with them and see that they are still involved in the sport.  As I watched each of them interact with their son and their team, it brought back fond memories of our days at Delta High School wrestling under Coach Don Patton.  The 6 guys I saw in that gym last Sunday produced a heck of a lot of wins in their day and brought many championships back to Delaware County.  I hope I didn't forget anyone else who might have been there.  It was nice to see the next generation of wrestlers cutting their teeth on the mat!

Troy Patton

Jeff Tuttle (state champion)

David Locke (state champion)

David Palmer (state champion)

Gary Schliessman (state placer)

Randal Hayes (state runner up)

There's a math teacher at our MS building Wayne Huddleston who helped with the Delta MS program back during that talented Delta era.  He  occasionally brings up some old wrestling stories about the program.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.